Jem Season 3 pt 2?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Matt Butler, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

My girlfriend has been waiting for this. Any word?

Gord? David?

Thanks friends.

2. Will_C

Will_C Second Unit

Will
    I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I think Rhino's rights to release the Jem series to dvd expired before they completed it. The same happened to the GI Joe series. The theory around here now seems to be that we will have to buy the sets that contain the missing eps later, and we may be rebuying some episodes we already have, from the studio which now holds distribution rights. Can't remember if it's Sony or Paramount.

3. Joe:C

Joe:C Second Unit

Sony Music now has the rights to the Sunbow cartoons. Here's what I posted in the G.I. Joe thread several months ago.

I have an interesting update about G.I. Joe S2P2. About 6 weeks ago I emailed Rhino asking if they would be releasing S2P2. Since we haven't heard anything official from Rhino I didn't expect an answer. I opened my email today to actually find a response. Here's what the email said.

4. Matt Butler

Matt Butler Screenwriter

Thanks guys; I really appreciate it. Ill let my girl know. She'll be happy having an answer at least.

5. Guido

Guido Stunt Coordinator

Hmmm - does that spell disaster? Will they shoot for a double dip by overlapping eps or will they be courteous enough to cut releases the same way so that customers can buy the remaining eps and not overalp.

Any one have ideas?

Has this happened before so we can see what they did in that case?

Do the special features carry over or are the commentaries owned by Rhino?

Thanks

6. Joe:C

Joe:C Second Unit

That's the million dollar question I guess. Will they re-release what's already out there or do something totally new?