What's new

Jeffersons S3 & All in the Family S3 - Any word? (1 Viewer)

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I swear, I hate how Sony releases their TV on DVD sets. You never have an exact timeframe in regards to when to expect the next release. I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the 3rd seasons of either "The Jeffersons" or "All in the Family". It's been a lengthy period of time since AITF S2 was released. Did they stop due to poor sales, or are they biding their time?

I just picked up season one of "Married...With Children", and I hope to god I don't have to wait forever and a day to get S2. With shows containing numerous seasons (such as MWC, Jeffersons and AITF) you'd think they'd get these out that much faster. Look at shows such as "Friends" or "X-Files". Warner, Fox, et al have wasted NO time getting these released. Hell, days before season 5 of Friends was released, TVshowsonDVD.com had already posted info and box art for season 6!

I don't mean to rant, but I'd really love to complete some of these series' sometime before the end of the decade. But at the rate Columbia is going, that statement may not be so far-fetched after all.

Jay_M

Auditioning
I too, am concerned abt AITF. Didn't Sanford and Son come out at the same time as AITF Season 1 and 2? That is now in its 3rd season on DVD. Anyone with any word on AITF Season 3?

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to answer an above question regarding the release schedules. Here is a rough idea of release dates, as I don't remember the exact dates right off hand, but I do have the months right.

All in the Family releases:
Season 1, March 2002
Season 2, February 2003
A difference of 11 months

The Jeffersons releases:
Season 1, August 2002
Season 2, May 2003
A difference of 9 months.

Sanford and Son releases:
Season 1, August 2002 (same day as Jeffersons S. 1)
Season 2, February 2003 (same day as AITF season 2)
Season 3, October 2003
A difference of 6 months between S. 1, and 2 and 8 months between s. 2, and s. 3

Now, its anyone's guess as to why this show is getting released so much faster. It could be that Sanford and Son is the one that has sold the best, so it is the one that Columbia is trying to get on the market faster. Also keep in mind that Sanford and Son only ran for 5 or 6 seasons which is much shorter than the other 2, so there are less episodes to prepare for DVD. It could be anything, including stuff I or anyone else hasn't thought of. Perhaps they use a dart board to set the release schedule, I don't know.
Nevertheless, I remain confident that both series will see season 3 releases. If Columbia were going to stop releasing these shows, they probably wouldn't have released season 2. Most of the TV shows that have been stopped from the whole series seeing the light of day stopped after season 1. Mary Tyler Moore, and Larry Sanders most notably. Of course, that is just speculation or a theory on my part and I'm just a consumer like anyone else.

JohnDMoore

Stunt Coordinator
In addition to All in the Family, I'd like Columbia to see Mad About You through the final five seasons. More than once a year. I hope they're just working on streamlining the process so they're easier to make.
Hope they go all the way through Newsradio when they get around to that, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks