Jeepers Creppers vs. The Others

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Calvin Cullen, Sep 8, 2001.

1. Calvin Cullen

Calvin Cullen Stunt Coordinator

Which did you prefer?

2. Will K

Will K Screenwriter

I liked both, but I prefer The Others. Both are downbeat to different degrees, but TO is much more satisfying and rewarding film.
    ------------------
    My Scary DVD Collection

3. Brian Lawrence

Brian Lawrence Producer

Brian
    I loved THE OTHERS but can not comment on JEEPERS CREEPERS as I refuse to pay money to see a film that was directed by convicted child molester Victor Salva . This guy is a total scumbag!

4. Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte Screenwriter

I liked both The Others AND Jeepers Creepers (despite Mark Pfieffer being mad at me for liking the latter, [​IMG]), but both are different films. The Others being a very atmospheric, quiet and eerie ghost story, and Jeepers Creepers an edgy, interesting brother-and-sister horror film, the best I've seen since "Final Destination".
    Jason
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    [email protected] ICQ: 16733922 I Am Jack's DVD List
    "Look, I'm Mrs. Hitler!" Rat Race
    Film Critic, DVD In Detail

5. Wes Ray

Wes Ray Supporting Actor

With the guy's past aside, Salva did deliver a very solid film. I'm not defending what the guy did at all. In fact, he should be given the death penalty, IMO. However, do we know every single thing about every other director in the business? No. So why should we treat Salva any differently? Don't get me wrong, the guy should hang, but only because we know about it.
    The Others is a great film, but Jeepers Creepers will be a classic.