Jeepers Creepers DVD

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ricky f, Aug 31, 2001.

1. Ricky f

Ricky f Supporting Actor

Hi
    I read on a horror DVD site that JC DVD has been produced. I was just wondering if JC dos not do so good this weekend like Ghosts Of Mars did not do so well, Is it a possibility that we might see JC on DVD for christmas ???
    Regards,
    Ricky
    ------------------
    Please help convince Warner to release Stephen King's IT On DVD
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/003344.html

2. Ricky f

Ricky f Supporting Actor

3. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

4. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

For crying out loud, the movie's been out for less than 12 hours. It is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to speculate meaningfully on a video date beyond "add five months (+/- one) for video release".

5. Ricky f

Ricky f Supporting Actor

YES I KNOW
    Ghosts Of mars was only out 3 days or so and that already has a DVD release date.
    So it is NOT waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy to early.
    Regards,
    Ricky
    ------------------
    Please help convince Warner to release Stephen King's IT On DVD
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/003344.html

6. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Your right, it's not wayyyy too early. Buy, don't "bump" your post to the top of the list. It's not an accepted practice here.
    ------------------
    Kyle³
    ------------------
    Yahoo Messenger - digitalkyle

7. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul

8. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

Most DVDs are completed before the film comes out. If Jeepers Creepers bombs (and I think it will, especially with the film's high screen count) we should see the DVD anywhere from December to April. If the film does well, then sometime in 1st/2nd QTR 2002.
    Also, Ghosts of Mars was DOA. Who knows if Jeepers Creepers will be DOA. Also, why not see the film this weekend instead of asking people when the DVD comes out?
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    DVD In Detail - DVD Reviewer
    My DVD Collection / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
    "I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

9. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Not that this has anything to do with the DVD, I just found it amusing. On the radio station the other morning, 102.1 The Edge here in D/FW, Tx...they had on the guy that stars in Comedy Centrals Insomniac. They had just gotten off the phone with an actor from JC, and the guy said something like "I hope this is a sign that these teen horror movies are coming to an end. They're running out of titles. What's gonna be next? "Peek-A-Boo, I've got your nose." Laughter ensued.
    ------------------
    Kyle³
    ------------------
    Yahoo Messenger - digitalkyle

10. Kevin Leonard

Kevin Leonard Supporting Actor

11. Jim Bivins

Jim Bivins Stunt Coordinator

Who cares about the DVD, go see this film people...in a theater!
    If you love (even like) horror films, and I'm not talking about A.D.D. enduced 'hip' teen slashers of late, I mean good old monster films, something like one might have seen in the 70's...the film starts out gleefully cliched and gets better and creepier. This movie knew when to end too!
    Jim
    p.s. Word has it that McFarlane Toys is producing a figure...perhaps when the DVD comes out.

12. Bryan_ZZ

Bryan_ZZ Stunt Coordinator

Bumping your own thread is one thing, but bumping one with a question that is bound to be shot down is another thing.
    I personally cannot stand when a movie has been out less than a day & someone is looking for the dvd date. I think most other forum members feel the same way and that is why this received no attention on its first chance to float.
    Let's talk about the thousands of great discs that are out and not waste space on movies that don't know how they are going to do on their first weekend yet.

13. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Now that were all airing our feelings on this subject, I started a topic a few weeks ago inquiring about when The Others might come to dvd and was met with the same kind of responces as Ricky's getting here.
    The only reason I started the thread was that I HAD seen this movie, loved it, and was excited that someone might know SOMETHING about the dvd release, doesn't hurt to ask right, so what's wrong with that? It's not completly out of the question that the dvd hasn't been talked about SOMEWHERE, and that someone might know something about it is it?
    Why not just politly answer the posters question, or if it bothers you that much, don't post a responce at all. But I see nothing wrong with asking a simple question. Jeez lighten up.
    Now, about that The Others dvd, anybody know when? [​IMG]
    ------------------
    So madly in love with Estella Warren!

14. Lawrence Davis

Lawrence Davis Stunt Coordinator

I don't see anything wrong with asking for DVD info on a just released film. Some people do have knowledge and may wish to share it. Some of you need to lighten up a little, or maybe smile more often. He's just asking a question...

15. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

Well, I just saw Jeepers Creepers, and I didn't care much for it, it wasn't that bad but for some reason I didn't care for the way the second half went.
    **1/2 out of ****
    Also (I was at the drive-in) and they had the others, which I didn't get to watch because my cousins weren't interested, but I did see it before in the theater, so I didn't mind. But let's hope that Dimension doesn't make this a movie only disc, for some reason even if a movie makes a ton they don't give it a very good DVD in the extras department.
    Look at Spy Kids...
    But Jeepers Creepers made 4 million friday night, so if the friday night release is around 6 million then I bet we might not know about the release date for a month, and that is assuming it just bombs after this weekend.
    I expect this movie to make like..23-30 million in its whole run. I think that we might be able to expect the DVD by late 2001, or early 2002.

16. Matthew Chmiel

17. Tino

Tino Lead Actor
    Supporter

Valentino
    I'll take that bet. You're saying that the film would have made more money if it was playing on less screens ? Huh??
    Studios book a film into as many theaters as it can to increased box-office gross, not vice-versa.
    As it stands now, Jeepers Creepers will have the biggest Labor Day opening ever with about $17-20 million. I doubt it would have made that if it were playing in half the amount of theaters it is in.
    P.S. Look for the DVD release in January. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

18. Matthew Chmiel

19. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Just goes to show, guys: You can never truly predict a movie's opening weekend, unless it's something guaranteed like American Pie 2.
    My friends and I were shocked that Jeepers Creepers was sold out last night, but I'm glad to see a straight horror flick making some money!
    Looking forward to seeing a triple feature of The Others, Ghosts of Mars and Jeepers Creepers soon!
    Plus, I don't think it's wrong at all for someone to ask about the eventual DVD release of a brand-new movie. If there hasn't been an announcement from the studio yet, just say that. Why do we bash so much?
    ------------------
    Scott
    Check out my Movie Reviews at Epinions. Help support my debilitating DVD addiction!
    AOL IM: TheAngryJew29
    [Edited last by Scott Weinberg on September 01, 2001 at 04:19 PM]

20. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

I went early Friday afternoon and there were maybe a dozen people in the theater. Having liked the film, I'm very happy to read that this experience was not typical and the film is doing well. I'm looking forward to seeing it tomorrow a second time.