What's new

Jedi Outcast: Anyone Pick This Up? (1 Viewer)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I picked this and Metroid Prime up last night and I'm stuck in early levels on both. In Jedi I have run around and killed all the Storm Troopers and Officers, but don't know what to do now. There doesn't seem to be anything else to interact with. I'd hate to have to buy a $15 book already.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Tried to rent the Gamecube version last night but alas it was out. Oh well, my FPS cravings are currently being satisfied by Nightfire so I'm cool for now :D

JustinT

Stunt Coordinator
I played this game on the PC and thought that it was awesome. Its a lot different than most FPS' because there are lots of parts where you have to think and figure stuff out to get to the next part. It can get pretty tricky.

The lightsaber and force tricks are FUN!!!

Don't waste your money on a guidebook. A simple google search was all I needed to get the extra help when I was really stuck. I think I searched under "Jedi Knight walkthrough" or something along those lines.

Unless there are any major changes from the PC version I probably wont be picking this one up, however...just too many other games out right now.

KevinW

Stunt Coordinator
So has anyone actually played this on the GAMECUBE, not the PC? I'm curious to know if the port to the 'cube is really as bad as everyone is saying. I've never played it on the PC so I have no way of comparing it to the gamecube. My biggest hold back is the report of slow and choppy frame rates. To me, this can really ruin a game, even is the graphics and gameplay are great.

Like someone else stated, with so many holiday game choices, who can possibly waste $50 bucks?

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I never played the PC version but I played the Gamecube version lastnight for 6.5 hours and loved every minute of it. I'm up to Yavin but still don't have any force powers.

Did I miss something?

(I'll get around to playing Metroid Prime later. I keep dying pretty early, but am having more fun with Jedi at the moment).

KevinW

Stunt Coordinator
Larry, have you noticed any of the frame rate issues? How's the controls? These seem to have been the 2 biggest problems the reviewers are having with the game.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I haven't noticed a single frame rate problem yet and I think I am starting Level 4 (Yavin). I think the controls are fine (pretty much the same as Medal of Honor). I find them easier (to remember) than Metroid (but I haven't played that much yet).

KevinW

Stunt Coordinator
Larry, that's good to hear. I think to many reviewers are strictly comparing it to the PC version and not rating it on its own merit. But since I've never played the PC version, it won't make any difference to me anyway.

I'm so looking forward to slicing and dicing some Empire butt!

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
Can you replay any mission when ever you like, as in Goldeneye of Perfect Dark, so is it PC style where you can only revert to saved games?

jeremy

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I beat the Easiest level Sunday morning and after I get stuck on Metroid Prime I'll try a harder level. Overall I really love the game. The only complaints are that the cut scenes are pretty grainy and boring (so I skip those, though sometimes they tell you what you should do) and there are several parts where the object involves jumping over precarious positions (and you are surely going to die many times until you get it right). Thank God you can save at any point.

I would love a cheat that gives me all the Force points up front because I'd like to play some of the earlier levels as a full Jedi.

JamesL

Agent
I just started playing on friday and so far I must say that I'm pleasantly suprised with Jedi Knight II. Yes, the graphics are not up to splinter cell quality and the cut scenes are a little grainy but gameplay overall is quite good and very difficult at times (the way I like it) so if you are looking for a traditional old style FPS with some sprinkle of third person play (when you get the lightsabre)then I can easily recommend this game.

PS. definately good idea to save alot.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
So would you guys say if we can't play this one on other platforms(XBox or PC for example) then the Cube version is worth it? If so I think I'll ask for this for my birthday and christmas

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I think they are all the same. I used a FAQ for the PC version to get me through the Gamecube version w/out any problems. If you have all the platforms, then I would go to a review website and get whichever one is supposed to look the best (I've heard it's the Xbox).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks