Jedi Knights drink Diet Coke?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Y, Jan 24, 2002.

1. Steve Y

Steve Y Supporting Actor

I don't consider myself a hardcore "star wars" fan. Just a regular fan. I watched the "episode II" trailer with some interest but my expectations aren't any higher than your average JSP.
    So the other night I'm dreaming (but of course I don't know I'm dreaming), and whaddya know! Episode II is now playing at my local multiplex!
    But the story is sort of floundering. There's Yoda, and Mace Windu, and Anakin Skywalker, and a bunch of planes flying around (planes??) ... in a desert... no, it's a swamp! But wait! Lucas has really done it this time! Anakin is on Tatooine, and he's drinking a DIET COKE! And he's setting down the diet coke, and it's glistening with morning dew and taking up 90% of the picture frame! Now a 12-ounce diet coke can is framed beautifully on the left side of the 70-mm image, with various stilted 'star wars' actors acting out a blurry scene in the background... does he think we wouldn't notice? Does he think...
    Argh! This time Lucas has gone too far!! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

uh huh...
    ...I had a dream last night that I was at the Academy Awards and Regis Phibin was hosting. He gave me an XBOX with Halo, I flicked it on and it didn't work (heh... that is the Nintendo fanboy in me right there [​IMG] ). Then I broke into the basement to find a DVD Vault where I tried unsuccessfully to find 'Spinal Tap: Criterion Collection'
    hehehe [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

What do Sith Lords drink?

4. Josh_Hill

Josh_Hill Screenwriter

I had a dream I was Qui-Gon-Jinn..........

5. Steve Y

Steve Y Supporting Actor

SteveGon:
    I'm sure Sith Lords drink Qui-Gon Jinn & Tonic
    :b [​IMG]

6. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    Diet Coke contains Aspartame (Nutrasweet) and anyone with an ounce of brains knows that Aspartame is midichlorian food!

Yoda told me once that midichlorians are actually sea monkeys and that they do wear the crowns like they do on the back of comic books. Afterwards, he gave me an Atari 2600 with Berzerk and lifted me into The A-Team's van using The Force.

Was it all a dream?

7. John Thomas

John Thomas Cinematographer

Would ya eat the moon if it were made of ribs? I would. *

*props to Spence Johnson

8. Dennis Reno

Dennis Reno Supporting Actor

My doctor once told me I had Midichlorians and gave me a shot of penicillin to clear it up. He didn't mention anything about Diet Coke though.

9. Joseph Young

Joseph Young Screenwriter

Qui Gon Jinn to Obi-Wan:

[rant]"You must obey your thirst, Obi-Wan. Do not settle for anything less than the cool, crisp, refreshing taste of Sprite."[/rant]