Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast coming to Xbox and Gamecube!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brion Lydon, May 21, 2002.

1. Brion Lydon

Brion Lydon Stunt Coordinator

Just found this on Theforce.net.
    LUCASARTS TO BRING BEST SELLING STAR WARS JEDI KNIGHT II: JEDI OUTCAST TO GAMECUBE AND XBOX
    Latest in Critically Acclaimed Action Game Series to be Available This Winter for Two Next Generation Console Systems
    SAN RAFAEL, Calif. -- May 21, 2002 -- Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, the popular action game predicted by many in the media as a favorite to win best PC title of 2002, will make its debut on Nintendo GameCube and Xbox this winter. Star Wars Jedi Outcast from LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC, presents the first opportunity for console game players to experience the latest chapter in one of the most enduring and popular interactive game series. Star Wars Jedi Outcast is a dynamic action experience that continues the saga of the once-powerful Jedi Knight, Kyle Katarn, as he struggles with the power - and dangers - of the Force. Through a multitude of complex and richly detailed Star Wars environments, players face a variety of powerful enemies and once again fight for the Rebel cause. Armed with the power of the Force and an arsenal of weapons, including a Jedi Knight's signature lightsaber, players hold the fate of the Star Wars galaxy and the destiny of Kyle Katarn in their hands.Star Wars Jedi Outcast for PC was developed by Activision, Inc.'s (Nasdaq: ATVI) Raven Software. LucasArts and Activision will partner again on the GameCube and Xbox versions, which are being developed by Vicarious Visions.
    About LucasArts
    LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC is a leading international developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software for a variety of computer and console platforms. Based in San Rafael, Calif., as well as on the Internet at www.lucasarts.com, LucasArts is one of four companies in the Lucas group which include Lucasfilm Ltd., Lucas Digital Ltd. LLC, and Lucas Licensing Ltd. Lucasfilm is one of the leading film and entertainment companies in the world. Lucasfilm's businesses include George Lucas' film and television production and distribution activities as well as the business activities of the THX Group. Lucas Digital, which consists of Industrial Light & Magic (ILM) and Skywalker Sound, provides visual effects and audio post-production services to the entertainment industry. Lucas Licensing is responsible for the merchandising of all Lucasfilm's film and television properties.
    Brion

2. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

Speak of the devil... I just beat this game today (PC version). It is one of the best FPSs that I have EVER played... the lightsaber battles are the coolest. Pretty graphics and great sound too! (It is damn tough too) [​IMG]

3. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
    Ahhh - makes my decision of buying the Xbox better and better. Glad I decided to pass on upgrading my PC - again - just to play the latest and greatest game.

4. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Play Jedi Outcast w/o Mouse & Keyboard? Bleh!

I tried Obi-wan, it just doesn't work with a pad

5. Brion Lydon

Brion Lydon Stunt Coordinator

I thought Obi-Wan played great with my Xbox controller.

Brion

6. Chris Rock

Chris Rock Supporting Actor

I agree. Swinging a lightsaber is much easier for me with an analog stick on a pad.

How on earth would you put ALL those force powers on a pad, though?? There aren't enough buttons / combinations.

I'll buy this one for sure, if only to see Kyle on my Sony WEGA with 5.1 sound.

7. Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon Cinematographer

Well, they managed to get the force powers to work in Obi Wan with the triggers. Perhaps a similar method, but using both of the triggers? This would make for 12 different face button combinations. The other option is to do like Azurik did, and make you use a combination of buttons in conjunction with the force trigger. Like I said before though-as long as they use the basic controls from Halo and not Goldeneye, I'll be happy.

8. Chris Rock

Chris Rock Supporting Actor

True.

I also had Obi-Wan, but I hadn't considered using BOTH triggers.

Duh.

9. Travis Olson

Travis Olson Supporting Actor

Travis Olson
    I think whoever is responsible for Obi-Wan should be shot in the face. The game is absolute shit! The graphics look like it would run on a PS1 and the gameplay sucks. I can't believe how shitty it runs on the X-Box though, I mean there are times when the game gets down to 10 FPS, unbelievable. The levels are very poorly designed also. It's as if LucasArts whipped the game up in a day. They should stick with getting help from other developers like Raven and Factor 5.