What's new

Jean-Luc Godard on DVD (1 Viewer)

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
Hey everyone, this is my first post on HTF, so please go easy!

Was just wondering if anyone has any information about 'A Woman Is A Woman' ('Une Femme Est Une Femme') on DVD...?

I don't have the Fox Lorber DVD, as I've heard terrible things about it. If anyone has it, can you confirm the aspect ratio? It was filmed 2.35, and the VHS I have is 1.85, and I've heard that the DVD is 4:3!!

I also noticed that it's currently getting a theatrical re-release in the US, with a re-mastered print, courtesy of Rialto Pictures. What are the chances of this making it onto DVD?

Any information or further discussion would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, if anyone's a fan of Godard's 'Pierrot le Fou', but can't stand the Fox Lorber DVD (understandable), then I highly recommend the Serie Noir DVD from Amazon.fr - brand new 16:9 transfer (2.35:1), commentary, featurette, trailers, and removable English subs - superb!

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I don't have the Fox Lorber DVD, as I've heard terrible things about it. If anyone has it, can you confirm the aspect ratio? It was filmed 2.35, and the VHS I have is 1.85, and I've heard that the DVD is 4:3!!
I just borrowed this from a friend a couple of weeks ago. Was it 4:3...? I think it was but I can't recall for certain. Whatever the case, the transfer is pretty bad IMO. Non-existent blacks, everything in the image is just shades of gray.

richardWI

Second Unit
I've seen 'Une Femme Est Une Femme' in the bargin bin section of Barnes and Noble here for like 5 bucks. If you have a B & N near you you might check if they have it as well.

Brian PB

Supporting Actor

Given their close relationship with Rialto, the chances are excellent that Criterion will be releasing this on DVD sometime in 2004 (though I might expect Masculine Feminine and Two or Three Things I Know About Her to come out first).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks