What's new

JBL vs. Yamaha Subwoofers (1 Viewer)

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
I’m looking for a new subwoofer to go with my Yamaha HTR-5590. Right now it’s between the Yamaha YST-SW1500 and the JBL S120PII.

I am leaning towards the JBL, but would like to hear some opinions. Anyone with either sub care to comment on them?

Thanks.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If you mention price range, you might get recommendations for better subs around the same price that would be money better spent.

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
Its strictly between those two. I can get either one at a discount. SVS is not an option for me.

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
Picked up the JBL today. I feel silly for even considering the Yamaha over the JBL, but my friend raved about it.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I would have taken the Yamaha. JBL's subs are well known for frying amps (in past years, less recently), and yes, I've witnessed it first hand. Oddly enough also, I own a Yamaha sub, which I am very pleased with :)

Collin Buerkle

Auditioning
I own a JBL 10' 150 watt powered subwoofer, and even though it doesn't put out as power as the 400 watt , I've had no problems and it sounds great, especially on Fellowship of the Ring.

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
I haven't tested it out yet, but my speaker setup is JBL, and I'm sure it will fit in nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks