What's new

JBL vs. PSB (1 Viewer)

Dan_C

Agent
I'm sorry if this subject has been covered previously in HT Forum; the search function has been down the last several times I have tried. I am in the market for an inexpensive set of the front 3 speakers for my HT. I was looking at the JBL S-center (center) and S38/S310 (fronts) but I have heard mixed reviews about JBL. I have heard nothing but good things about PSB (8C-center; 4T-fronts).
Just wondered if anyone has comments about these 2 set-ups or any other good front 3 speakers in the $400-600 range. Thanks!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Definitely PSB. (basically, I'm not a JBL fan
rolleyes.gif
).
------------------
All progress is based upon a universal, innate desire on the part of every organism,
to live beyond it's income.
ITRCA ** Link Removed (sorry, car guy)

David Head

Second Unit
I originally was looking at the JBL S-38 and S-Center combination. I had heard the speakers in someone's home and they sounded very nice. I also auditioned speakers from B&W, Paradigm and PSB. I fell in love with the sound of the PSBs and ended up getting 3LRs, an 8C and 1Bs. The midrange sounded much more natural and they had a wider soundstage. I compared the 4Ts with the 3LRs and liked them both, but chose the 3LRs in the end. You can read my thoughts here . Go audition the PSBs and decide for yourself at your local dealer:
Audio Spectrum
7588 Lasater Road
Clemmons, NC 27012
336-778-1944
Good luck!
David

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
PSB. JBL is good for the price, but having heard both, i say PSB. (i'm looking into a pair of 6T towers and a 9C btw... :))
------------------
-Thomas
My HT

Users who are viewing this thread