What's new

JBL vs Polk (1 Viewer)

SteveS.

Auditioning
I have a similar question as the person below regarding the Polk Rti Line. I currently have a 7.1 JBL studio series setup.
S310 Fronts
S Center
S26 Surrounds
S38II Back Surrounds

I am not necessarily considering a change because of performance (I love the JBLs), but I have always been curious of Polk and I love the look of the Rtis. I am thinking on going with:
Rti8 Fronts
Csi5 Center
Fxi5 or 3 Surrounds
Rti6 Back Surrounds

I don't have an option for a side by side comparison, so is there anyone out there who has an educated opinion on these two speaker lines (perhaps someone who has either heard or had both). Any help would be GREATLY appreciated since I am seriously torn as to what to do. Thanks folks!!

Thomas_A

Second Unit
nobody but yourself could answer your question. I could tell you why I like so and so speaker..over maybe so and so. You however, may not hear the same thing. What you hear in the show room will vary from what you hear at home- as well as what you hear at my house vs. your house. If your serious bout looking at the polks...find a place that will let you bring them back if you dont like them. That way you could a/b them. ... other then that..Your gonna have to do some listening to find out for yoursef .

Good luck. I have the older polk line RT_i's... I really like them.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Sounds like a lateral move, if not a slight downgrade to me. I would say look into something better if you are going spend the time and money.

Phil Hunt

Grip
if you are going to go polk which i recomend!! go used and find there first RTxxxi line with blue drivers
like mains RT800i's , center CS400i and RT25i surounds they completly destroy!! the new RTI lineup hands down

I recently bought 4 new energy C-9's and the polks smoked them and cost half as much my entire family hated the energy's

I have a complete set of RTxxxi polks in near mint condition for $1100.00 shipped

i like this lineup so much i have 3 diffrent 5.1 sets
i hate to run out of speakers!

SteveS.

Auditioning
Thanks for the input guys. I have gotten so used to the look of the JBLs, I just want a fresh new look in my HT. I have read good reviews of the old Rti line, but would prefer to buy new if at all possible. Phil, do you have any pictures for me. Who knows, I may decide to go used if I can't find anything in my price range that won't be a downgrade in performance.

Is there another speaker line I should consider in the same price range as the Polks/JBLs? Perhaps Infinity Betas? Thanks again to those who have responded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks