jbl/svs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by sandip, Feb 5, 2002.

1. sandip

sandip Auditioning

does anyone have a firsthand experience with jbl s 38 for front and rear, jbl s for center and svs sub?

thanks

2. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

Yes.....

I currently have an S center and some old JBL L100s for mains with a 20-39PC pulling sub duty even though the L100s have great bass on their own. N26 JBL pulls up the rear.

I also set up my brothers HT using the S38 JBLs and found them close to the L100s in mids and highs with better imaging.

The JBLs will be very strong in the mids and highs and the svs is certainly very good in the lows. I keep speaker settings on small for ALL.....

That being said, (correct me if I'm wrong here) but the SVS would improve just about anything ! And the JBL S series are a good choice regardless......

3. Greg Br

Greg Br Second Unit

Sandip, I have the same exact setup as Donnie except my mains are like jbl h420, or something like that, they are from 93', I have a dual 20-39cs setup coming monday. I will let you know my thoughts early next week if you want, but my system was pretty good with the jbl pb12 so it should be pretty awsome with dual 20-39's.