What's new

JBL Subs (1 Viewer)

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
The last two peices of my HT puzzle are the Subwoofer and a HDTV. As important as screen real estate is, I simply cannot afford the investment until sometime in the future. So my entertainment dollar is no focused on a subwoofer.
I would prefer to spend $250 or less on a SW. I know the Sony comes highly recommended, but I wondered why JBLs never get mentioned. Harmanaudio.com has a number of JBL SWs that seem value priced, and JBL seems like a respectable name. Does anyone own any of these three subs?

Legairre

Supporting Actor
Samuel,

I have 2 JBL PSWD112s for my LFE and 2 JBL PB10s for my surrounds using the speaker level connections. I love them , but JBL had major amplifier problems with the PSW subs. I've had my PSWd112 subs about 3 years now and haven't had any problems(knock on wood).

Both my PB10 surround subs were only 11 months old when the amps went in both of them. I contacted JBL and they shipped me the latest version of the amp modules. A real easy thing to replace. The amp modules that blew were the first generation amps for the PB10s, version 1.6 I think. when I got the new modules they were version 2.7. No problems so far though.

Other than the problem wih the PB10s I love the subs. I think JBL lost a good bit of respect due to all the problems with the PSW subs. Lots of people had blown amps in these. I haven't heard of people with amp problems in the PB models though, so my case must have been just bad luck.

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
Four SWs! Wow! :emoji_thumbsup: I was thinking of purchasing two at the prices listed at Harmanaudio.com
Based on your setup, it seems as though the PB10s are more "tight" than the D112s. I may choose the PB10s if this is the case.
Sam

Legairre

Supporting Actor
Samuel,

The PB10s are a bit tighter than the D112s, but I use the PB10s for surround subs because they are 10" 150 watt subs. Fills in the rear nicely if they are crossed over at the right hz. The D112s are 12" 250 watt subs and work great for the LFE. The D112s on the Harmon site are probably refurbs or close outs. If they are refurbs it would be great, because if they had bad amps they were fixed. They'll also come with a full warrenty. Looks like a great deal.

Joe Greca

Stunt Coordinator
I have a PB10 and I love it! But that doesn't really say much since its my first sub... I actually bought it because of a cnet review (before I found the HTF ofcourse) that gave it the editor's choice award. Never had a problem with it, and I've had it for over two years now. :emoji_thumbsup:

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
I think it would near to impossible to get a PB10 or D112 now with a bad amp. If you do just tell JBL. 5 year warranty's are great! My PB10 is doing fine too. JandR.com were selling these for $200 shipped. All JBL was free shipping last time I checked.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks