jbl sub history problems

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by allan espinoza, Dec 4, 2002.

1. allan espinoza

allan espinoza Stunt Coordinator

ive been doing some online browsing for subs and it seems that a lot of people have posted bad remarks on a lot of jbl subs. some of these problems consist on them not working after a little over a year and problems concering their amp? does anybody out there know of such problems because i am very interested on getting the pb12 as ive heard its a really good sub but after a year its not.
    also, are ther any subs you recommend under $500 that will give me good tight bass and what other subs should i check out? any help is appreciated, thanks

p.s. do you know of any sites with the best bargains?

2. Rob_K

Rob_K Auditioning

Hi,
    I'm not sure about others, but my fuse burns out on my PB 12. Twice now in two years. This would explain why they stop working after a year, that's how long it took mine to burn out. The fix for this is simple, just replace the fuse. This doesn't require soldering or anything, just in and out. This is the fuse (http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...Fid=270%2D1023). I'm working on getting some webspace, so I'll get some pictures up soon on how to fix this.

3. allan espinoza

allan espinoza Stunt Coordinator

thanks for the post rob, how is your pb12 working for you?

4. Rob_K

Rob_K Auditioning

Me, I love it [​IMG]. It's tight for music (most important for me) and great for home theater. I have no complaints. I'm not sure what's going on with other pb 12s and why their dead after a year, but I strongly suspect this is it.