JBL Speaker setup

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Kevin Ven, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Kevin Ven

Kevin Ven Auditioning

HI all this is my first post in this forum, I’ve been reading this forum for some time now and you all have some good advice so here is my question, I would like to know your thoughts on the following speaker setup, first of all the room size is 12’X28’X8’ with one window 7’X5’, the speakers I’m looking at are JBL Northridge series.
    E30 for front L and R
    EC35 Center
    E20 rears
    Sub? for lack of funds
    This is a low budget setup my receiver is a Pioneer dsx 415 and the TV is a Toshiba 32” Cinema series flat screen.
    I would like any input you might have Thank You.

2. MikeyWeitz

MikeyWeitz Supporting Actor

You def. need a sub, go check out the Dayton 10" at partsexpress for $124. I would also use E30's for surrounds if using them up front as well, otherwise, loooks fine.

3. John S

John S Producer

With e30's for mains.. You really are going to need a sub.

Go with e50's for your mains / fronts at least if you really can't run a subwoofer....

An inexpensive sub with e30's may be cheaper than e50's with no sub and probably perform better though.

4. EricCrane

EricCrane Agent

If you don't listen to 5 channel music I would just get some inexpensive speakers almost anything will do for rears and put more money into a sub or better fronts. With the money you save by not buying the e10s you could upgrade your fronts to e60s.

5. Kevin Ven

Kevin Ven Auditioning

Thanks for the replies, I do plan to buy a sub but I am doing this piece by piece starting with the ec35 center.