1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

JBL Speaker decision

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Randy Noel, Jul 16, 2002.

1. Randy Noel

Randy Noel Stunt Coordinator

Would I get the best seamless sound by using JBL S36's all the way around (except the S-Center, of course) for my 5.1 setup, as opposed to S36's front and S-26's rear? I already have the S-Center and the 2 S26's, have settled on the S36's for my fronts, due largely to space constraints (I'm going to ceiling mount them- don't have room for anything larger, or for floor standers) The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of having the S36's mounted on the side walls for my rears, rather than the S26's via speaker mounts or shelves. I only have about $125.00 in the pair of S26's, and they're still in the box, so I ought to be able to get my money out of them. Opinions, please?

2. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

Hook one S36 as the left surround, and then hook on s26 as the right surround. Listen to them both during a movie and ask yourself if it's worth it to spend the extra money on the S36 as a surround.

The surround channels don't play very much but who knows, you might hear a big enough difference.

3. Brian Burgoyne

Brian Burgoyne Second Unit

I have towers in front and bookshelves in rear and it is fine. Even in dvd-a and heavy action flicks the front 3 speakers still do most of the work.

4. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

If you got the room, I'd recommend selling the S26's and using the JBL S36's on the sides. I offered more related comments in this thread.
    Phil