JBL SCS135SI with 600watt (100 x 6) receiver

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by chris.guess, Jan 15, 2003.

1. chris.guess

chris.guess Auditioning

Does anyone have the scs135si speaker package hooked up to a 600 watt (100 x 6) receiver? Specifically, I have a Pioneer VSX800s receiver. I am considering purchasing the scs135si speaker package, but have seen lots of conflicting information about the maximum power each satellite can handle. JBL's website says 100 watts max, J & R music world says 50 watts max. and the box at Best Buy says 50 watts.

Can anyone tell me for sure that they have the scs135si speakers connected to a 100 watt per channel receiver with no problems.

2. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

You will be OK, as long as you keep the bass well away from them. Better to have a bigger amp behind them than clip it often.

Some think the hot ticket is to somehow find the sats without the little 8" JBL sub, and mate them with the better DLS sub from Parts Express.

3. chris.guess

chris.guess Auditioning

Thanks Colin,

Do you have the scs135si's? If so, how do you like them. I'll be keeping the bass away from them as I already have 2 powered subs and the one that comes with it will be #3. I notice that the sub that comes with it doesn't have it's own crossover "dial"...it must just use the receiver setting. Would it be better to use that sub as the .1 (LFE) sub or as the sub that handles the bass for the fronts (I use the line-in/line-out wiring schema to handle the bass for my fronts)