What's new

Jbl Scs 138b (1 Viewer)

Hi, I am a newbie to this forum and also to Home Theatre.

I have just ordered a complete new setup to go into my lounge room. The room is approx 4 metres wide and 8 metres deep. I am going to be using a Pioneer amp with 100W output, Sony DVD and a LG DLP Projector (mounted on the ceiling).

Can you give me any info/comments on the JBL SCS138B Speakers? Are they OK for a small room?

Thanks

P.S. If anyone wants a review on the projector I am 100% happy with it.

mark alan

Supporting Actor
Your room (volume wise) is slightly smaller than mine. I have the JBL 150 package (last years model), with an additional speaker to make a 6.1 system. My system is apparently one step above the 138 package (its hard to tell because of different numbers between the US and overseas). My system is in a basement, and works pretty well. If your system is in an open room (large openings to other rooms or very high ceilings), you are probably not going to be overly impressed, especially with the bass.

I like my system. Excellent build quality and blends well into the room. However, it doesn't have good upper frequency response (above about 12,000 hertz), and it is very difficult to blend in the subwoofer. I don't use it much for music. If I did, I probably wouldn't keep the speakers.

For the price, nice system. However, they are not great speakers.

Thanks for the info. As I have reached the limit of the Financial Controllers budget (yes dear!) I will put these speakers in, they will be 1000% better than a standard TV anyway!

What does the 6th speaker do in a 6.1 setup?

Andrew

mark alan

Supporting Actor

more like 10,000% better. And of course about an infinite percentage better than the ten times more expensive bose systems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.