1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

JBL S412s -- Anyone heard them?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Adam Nixon, Jul 24, 2001.

1. Adam Nixon

Adam Nixon Second Unit

These are the 3-way towers with a 200-watt 12-inch sub. I heard they got a killer review in SGHT, I was curious as to what anyone on this board thought of them.
    [Edited last by Adam Nixon on July 24, 2001 at 02:28 PM]

2. karthik

karthik Auditioning

I heard them in Best Buy a few months back and liked them a lot. I did not buy them though as I found Pinnacle speakers that I like for a lower price.

3. Doug Dickeson

I don't have the S412's, but I do have the S312's. I love 'em!

4. SamRoza

SamRoza Stunt Coordinator

I love my 312's, but I also love my subwoofer. I don't think you'll get anywhere near the bass response with a built-in sub.
    Sam

5. Adam Nixon

Adam Nixon Second Unit

That whole system can be found online for less than $1300. I'm trying to figure out if their are other options at that price point, or if that is truly a steal for the money. Several people have alluded to a couple of glowing reviews, but I haven't been able to track them down.

6. Nicholas A. Gallegos

Nicholas A. Gallegos Stunt Coordinator

The 412s are AWESOME. Although I'm not the biggest fan of built-in subwoofers (I prefer a separate sub), JBL did a really good job on these. The retail price is a little steep though ($1700/pair).
    ------------------

7. Roy-BE

Roy-BE Auditioning

They are clear and accurate - tight low bass response, revealing mid range and accurate tweeters.
    I purchased them some a few months ago (along with 2 pairs of S-38 and an S-Center).
    Unfortunately (or fortunately...) I'm about to leave for Europe and will not be taking this heavy setup with me.
    I have this full setup that I'm selling for about 1/2 the price of new, check the for sale section.
    Roy