What's new

JBL S412s -- Anyone heard them? (1 Viewer)

Adam Nixon

Second Unit
These are the 3-way towers with a 200-watt 12-inch sub. I heard they got a killer review in SGHT, I was curious as to what anyone on this board thought of them.
[Edited last by Adam Nixon on July 24, 2001 at 02:28 PM]

karthik

Auditioning
I heard them in Best Buy a few months back and liked them a lot. I did not buy them though as I found Pinnacle speakers that I like for a lower price.

SamRoza

Stunt Coordinator
I love my 312's, but I also love my subwoofer. I don't think you'll get anywhere near the bass response with a built-in sub.
Sam

Adam Nixon

Second Unit
That whole system can be found online for less than $1300. I'm trying to figure out if their are other options at that price point, or if that is truly a steal for the money. Several people have alluded to a couple of glowing reviews, but I haven't been able to track them down.

Nicholas A. Gallegos

Stunt Coordinator
The 412s are AWESOME. Although I'm not the biggest fan of built-in subwoofers (I prefer a separate sub), JBL did a really good job on these. The retail price is a little steep though ($1700/pair).
------------------

Roy-BE

Auditioning
They are clear and accurate - tight low bass response, revealing mid range and accurate tweeters.
I purchased them some a few months ago (along with 2 pairs of S-38 and an S-Center).
Unfortunately (or fortunately...) I'm about to leave for Europe and will not be taking this heavy setup with me.
I have this full setup that I'm selling for about 1/2 the price of new, check the for sale section.
Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks