What's new

JBL S38 vs Paradigm Studio 80/100 (1 Viewer)

ClaudeL

Stunt Coordinator
Just wondering, I felt like :eek: when I read a topic about JBL S38 vs Paradigm Studio20. It is clear that the JBL S38 will defeat the Studio 20 in power, cuz the Studio 20 just have a 6.5 inches woofer plus a tweeter only. But if we do a more fair comparison (woofers). What about a Paradigm Studio 60/80/100 against JBL S38? I know that you will say these Paradigm Studios cost a lot more. But they use 6 and 8 inches drivers like the JBL S38. Is the Paradigm Studio 60/80 or 100 more powerfull and more dynamic? BTW, I dont think that a JBL S38 can match the Paradigm Studio 60/80/100 in sound quality...

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
Comparing a $280 JBL bookshelf to a $2000 paradigm floorstand...
Sounds like a fair match to me. :)
Anyways, I wouldn't worry about the size of the woofer, but would care more about the sound quality and craftsmanship. The S38s are respected but I wouldn't put them in the same league as the paradigm studio 40-100s.
At least you made my day.. because all I could afford were S38s. If somebody compares them to high end Paradigms, be my guest. hehe

ClaudeL

Stunt Coordinator
Oh damn, I think that my topic isnt well written lol! So instead, could you compare the JBL Floorstanders against the Paradigm Studio floorstanders? Just wondering, cuz now i should be ready to go for the Paradigm Studio 80 or 100. BTW, im not 100% decided yet...

ClaudeL

Stunt Coordinator
Oh well! These JBL's are making me think twice before going with Paradigm Reference. All of you seem to say that they are so good these JBL. It would almsot be an insult :eek: if they are better than my Paradigm Monitor 9 in sound quality!!!

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
jbl s38 have got to be one of the best bang for the buck speakers. The fact that they are comparable to and in some areas better than the ref stud 20's at half the price is a nice compliment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks