What's new

JBL S38 - pleasantly surprised (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
As I'm without a sub for a little while I reset my speaker settings to "Large" all around and "No" for subwoofer. I didn't think there would be much low end but after watching some scenes from LOTR I must say I am pleasantly surprised. So surprised that I actually looked around to see if I forgot to unhook a sub somewhere. There was actually bass I could feel! I suppose it's all the combination of the DVD, the receiver settings and the speaker range, but I'm happy that I won't miss my sub TOO much.

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
Cool.
However, why would you get up to check if you forgot to un-hook a subwoofer if currently you don't have a subwoofer? ;)
:D

James Zubb

Stunt Coordinator
I am also running S38 without a sub. They do put out some nice bass. They are very good for 2 channel music listening. Very good value for the money.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I agree they are great for the money. They put out bass down to 45hz which is similar to some floorstanders out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks