What's new

JBL S36II - Can't find any... (1 Viewer)

What's the story here?

Everywhere I look for these speakers, they're out of stock. The only place that does have them (OneCall) is asking $299.88 (retail $399.99). That's the price of the JBL S38II's ($299.99, retail $499.99)!

I had such a nice prospective system config going, and now it's all shot to hell because I can't find these speakers. I would just move to JBL S38II's, but I need them wall mounted, and I've heard multiple times that you don't want to do that with those.

(My config is listed here: http :// www . hometheaterforum . com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=155546 )

Anyone have any info/ideas?

Mark Hedges

Second Unit
I got mine at audiovideoman.com. He isn't an authorized dealer though. Actually I would like to sell mine since I upgraded to S38's. PM me if interested.

Mark

I've sent you a PM (actually 2), and I can't seem to see the record of me sending it in my Sent PM's list...

If you read this, and you have no PM's from me, we can discuss in another way.

Bill_Wil

Stunt Coordinator
I just checked out jandr.com and they seem to be out of stock there too. Check back at jandr once in a while because they usually restock quickly and they seem to have the best prices on JBL. For instance the S38II are $249. If you decide to switch to the S26II instead of the S36II you can get them for $149. I liked the sound of the S26II over the S36II just because of the wood enclosure as opposed to the plastic. Another nice option for wall mounting is the N24II at $93 a pair although I prefer the sound of the Studio series over the Northridge which you probably do too.

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
I dont know any sites that have them in stock,

But you could wall mount the S38s with BT77 wall mounts. They look nice and can stand very heavy loads, I have them with my S26 and no problems at all.

B-Tech BT77 Speaker brackets

With adjustable Ultragrip side grips, the heavy-duty BT77 brackets are perfect for surround speakers or other wall-mount speakers (no drilling or screwing into the speaker!).

Each metal bracket swivels left or right and tilts up or down 10 degrees. Accommodates speakers up to 13" deep and 20" tall; width is adjustable from 6-3/4" -11". Supports up to 55 lbs. when anchored to a wall stud. .
Hope it helps,
Pablo

Edwin_C

Stunt Coordinator
BT77's can't hold S38's.

I'm pretty sure the S36II's are out of production.

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
Edwin_C,

Each bracket will hold speakers from 6.75" to 11" wide, up to 13" deep, and up to 20" high. The bracket will hold speakers up to 55 lbs.
As I said before, I havent tried them with S38s, and it will depend a lot on the structure and quality of the wall, but I do think the BT77 can hold the S38s.

Edwin_C

Stunt Coordinator
What you're failing to realize is that the S38 is a horizontal array. Hypothetically, you can install the S38's vertically but it'll deteriorate the sound. Hence, my statement that the BT77's can't hold S38's.

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
you can install the S38's vertically but it'll deteriorate the sound.
A friend of mine has S38 and S36 intalled vertically, due to the lack of space for the speakers, and for me it sounds great. Maybe it can sound better horizontally, I dont know that for sure. But I did like a lot his setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks