JBL S36II - Can't find any...

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Jay Blanchard, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Jay Blanchard

What's the story here?

Everywhere I look for these speakers, they're out of stock. The only place that does have them (OneCall) is asking $299.88 (retail $399.99). That's the price of the JBL S38II's ($299.99, retail $499.99)!

I had such a nice prospective system config going, and now it's all shot to hell because I can't find these speakers. I would just move to JBL S38II's, but I need them wall mounted, and I've heard multiple times that you don't want to do that with those.

(My config is listed here: http :// www . hometheaterforum . com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=155546 )

Anyone have any info/ideas?

2. Mark Hedges

Mark Hedges Second Unit

I got mine at audiovideoman.com. He isn't an authorized dealer though. Actually I would like to sell mine since I upgraded to S38's. PM me if interested.

Mark

3. Jay Blanchard

I've sent you a PM (actually 2), and I can't seem to see the record of me sending it in my Sent PM's list...

If you read this, and you have no PM's from me, we can discuss in another way.

4. Bill_Wil

Bill_Wil Stunt Coordinator

I just checked out jandr.com and they seem to be out of stock there too. Check back at jandr once in a while because they usually restock quickly and they seem to have the best prices on JBL. For instance the S38II are $249. If you decide to switch to the S26II instead of the S36II you can get them for $149. I liked the sound of the S26II over the S36II just because of the wood enclosure as opposed to the plastic. Another nice option for wall mounting is the N24II at $93 a pair although I prefer the sound of the Studio series over the Northridge which you probably do too.

5. Pablo Abularach

Pablo Abularach Supporting Actor

I dont know any sites that have them in stock,

But you could wall mount the S38s with BT77 wall mounts. They look nice and can stand very heavy loads, I have them with my S26 and no problems at all.

B-Tech BT77 Speaker brackets

[​IMG]

6. Edwin_C

Edwin_C Stunt Coordinator

BT77's can't hold S38's.

I'm pretty sure the S36II's are out of production.

7. Pablo Abularach

Edwin_C,

8. Edwin_C

Edwin_C Stunt Coordinator

What you're failing to realize is that the S38 is a horizontal array. Hypothetically, you can install the S38's vertically but it'll deteriorate the sound. Hence, my statement that the BT77's can't hold S38's.

9. Pablo Abularach