What's new

JBL S36 Placement (1 Viewer)

Brandon_S

Second Unit
Hopefully soon I will be investing in some JBL S36 speakers for my rears. I currently have a pair of 312s in the front and a SCenter. My question is, with a 3 way speaker like the S36, would it be better placed on the rear wall or on the sides above the listening posistion. Side mounting will be a bit tricky due to my room shape, but if that will sound better I will find a way to do it. Thanks guys.

Brandon Smith

parin_patel

Stunt Coordinator
I have the same setup (JBL S312/S36/S-Center) as the one you're planning Brandon. I don't really know what is the ideal solution for the placement for the surround speakers, but placing the S36's on the sides seems to be better in my living room. I have them placed horizontally about a foot above ear-level on 36 inch stands made by Sanus and it works out great for me. Basically, it would be best for you to try it out in all configurations (side/rear & horizontal/vertical) and see what works out best for your room.
Parin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks