What's new

JBL S36 - Need 4 - where to buy? (1 Viewer)

Adrian_S

Second Unit
Hi all, I just upgraded my front speakers to JBL S-Series, consisting of two JBL S-38's for my front L/R and JBL S-Center.

So I am looking for 2 sets of S36's, but all I find is the s36II's. Mine are the 3-way gold speakers (but you know that already). So any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Adrian

Jeff Hoak

Stunt Coordinator
I recently got a set of the S36's (white but NOT the all-weather) from consumer-direct.com.

They were the ONLY place I found that still had them in stock.

Good luck...

Hank_P

Second Unit
The S36's and S36II's are the same unless you plan on running them with the grills off... then you would notice the copper color on the 38's and the grey color on the 36II's. I sometimes take the grills off my fronts (S312), but not my surrounds.. anyway, I got my 36's from J&R, as they price matched and were the only one's to have them in stock at the time.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
If you don't mind white, they have them for $175 a pair at http://shop.store.yahoo.com/salestores/index.html. The cheapest i could find them in black is $218 a pair at Link Removed
Since these are for surround use, you may want to look at the S26. I found them in black as low as $155 a pair at http://shop.store.yahoo.com/salestores/index.html. It's not a big price difference, but if space is a concern, these would be much easier to work into a rooms decor and be much less obtrusive.
If you plan on doing DVD-A or SACD w/ 5-channel music, the S36s would probably be a better match to yous S38 mains.
Hope this helps.

Adrian_S

Second Unit
I was trying to get some s36's off ebay, but they were refurbs and I wasn't too sure. Since my humble theater is in my living room it's also my media room for music. Right now, for L/R and Back surrounds I am using 4 Fluance AV-BP2 Bipoles. See link:
FLuance Bipolars
I have them mounted at the top of the wall by the ceiling. They sound real nice, since I like my surround sound to be inderect.
But since getting the JBL's for my front sound stage, well I was hoping that matching all the speakers would give me a timbre match for movies and music.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
If the refurbs are from HarmanAudio, don't worry at all. They are the direct outlet for refurbished JBL, Infinity, and Harman Kardon gear and they do sell on ebay. If you would feel more secure buying directly from them, go to www.harmanaudio.com. Just so you know, anything that is JBL and has a product number ending in Z is refurbished. Example: S36-Z is refurbished.
Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks