What's new

JBL S312 and HK 525? (1 Viewer)

Tony-Merit

Agent
I have a pair of JBL S312 and the S center channel and looking for a new receiver to match them. I did tried a Panasonic SA-HE200 with my JBL's, it had plenty of power but it was to bright and gave me a headache when listing to music. I listed to a HK 525 at my local electronic the other day and really loved the way it sounded. My question is will the HK 525 have enough power to push my JBL's? I know I could get an amp by my wife said no more HT equipment after I buy a receiver for a while. Also I have seen some reliability issues with HK, I do not no if true or a Internet rumor? any comments or opinions will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Tony

Jonathan_D

Stunt Coordinator
Depends on what you mean by "Internet rumor". I have little doubt that those who have expressed problems had them. However, they constitute a very small percentage of the people who have actually bought HK. Remember that people who are upset are 10 times as likely to express that than those who are satisfied.

That said, what is the efficiency rating of the JBLs and what is the size of your room? The 525 puts out, what, 80 wpc? I can practically gurantee you despite the "rating", it will put out more power and "sound" more dynamic than the Panasonic.

Tony-Merit

Agent
I am sure people that have HK receivers and say they have problems do have problems. On other web sites I have seen people bash HK quality control even though they have never owed one. I also wanted to make sure there is no major issue I should know about be for I Invest $700 of my money in a HK 525.

My room is about 20x20. I thinks the sensitivity rating of the S312 is 92db.

Tony-Merit

Agent
When I had my JBL's hooked up to my old pioneer stereo receiver there was no brightness. Also when I tried the JBL in the electronic store I did not notice any brightness it was only when I had the Panasonic hooked up did I notice the brightness.

Oakley

Auditioning
Tony,
I have the HK 525 paired up with JBL nd310's. Let me say this, I listened to the Yamaha rx-v1300 and the Onkyo tx-sr800 (IMHO)neither one could hold a candle to the HK. I have had this receiver for about 2 weeks and have not one regret so far.

:emoji_thumbsup:

Jonathan_D

Stunt Coordinator
I have the HK 525 paired up with JBL nd310's. Let me say this, I listened to the Yamaha rx-v1300 and the Onkyo tx-sr800 (IMHO)neither one could hold a candle to the HK. I have had this receiver for about 2 weeks and have not one regret so far.
Yep, and with 92db sensitivity, the 525 will have more than enough power in your 400 SqFt room.:emoji_thumbsup:

Daniel Alan

Agent
well, I have S310s and I run them with a yamaha RX-V1000, which has a reputation for being bright. Personally i love this combo, but I like my music very clear and accurate, which i think this setup gives me, but some may find that what i find clear to be too bright, it comes down to taste. as far as the N-series, some may like the highs better, but the midrange and bass are nowhere near as refined to my ear, so I feel that the S-series is light-years ahead.

as you can see, there is much disagreement on this so the only thing I would really trust is your ear, I would try out a bunch of possiblities

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.