JBL S26II's Vs JBL E 80's

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Eric*William, Apr 10, 2004.

1. Eric*William

Eric*William Auditioning

Hello All,

I know that speakers are very subjective, but I will ask anyway. I need some opinions, good and bad on these two speaker choices. The set-up will be used for 65% HT and 35% Music. These are the 2 JBL 5.1 set-ups:

R/L Mains - S26II's
    Center - S-Center
    Surrounds - S26II's
    Sub - HSU STF-2

Vs.

R/L Mains - E 80's
    Center - E 35
    Surrounds - E 10's
    Sub - HSU STF-2

I know that it is bookselves Vs. towers for mains, but I don't know that much about the new JBL Northridge E-Series.

Thanks In Advance For Any Input,

Eric

2. Allen Marshall

Allen Marshall Supporting Actor

i havent heard the S26IIs but i have heard the E80s and they seem like there alot better for music.

3. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

I have the original S26's (w/SVS 25-31PCi sub) and I personally think it's a great bargain vs. performance!!! [​IMG]

Other's seem to think so also ...

Bob Pletka / "EUROTUBES" - ("musician and tube Hi-Fi enthusiast") wrote ... about the JBL S26!!! [​IMG]

Highest praise - Blind Testing in Harman built Multichannel Listening Lab (MLL)...
    • Jul 1, 2001 - Scott Wilkinson - "OBJECTIVE SUBJECTIVITY" - Electronic Musician - Audio journalists choose the JBL S26 [​IMG] as the best speaker on most clips (Blind-Test) vs. a Boston Acoustics CR8 & a B&W DM601! The evaluation is done individually @ their own pace with a variety of soundtracks and music.

Phil

4. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

Eric,

If you're considering the E80 speakers from JBL, why not just go straight for the E90 floor standing speakers instead? At BestBuy.com, they are only $249 (each) and the E80 speakers are $349 (each.) I'm not sure how long this sale price will be in effect - because they are not listed in the new weekly sales circular.

Actually, I think you'd have a hard time finding the E90s on the Web for such a good price because most of the places I've checked them out at need about $50 to ship each speaker.

5. John Tami

John Tami Stunt Coordinator

I got 3 S26II's as my front stage...

2 S36II's as my rear...

And a SVS 20-29PCi in the corner. No matter the Music, or the Movie...it's just awesome IMO.