JBL S26II and In-Wall Speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Perry_C, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Perry_C

Perry_C Extra

Hello all,

I have 4 JBL S26II speakers with the S-Center. However, I am buying a new house and the 2 back S26II speakers are not going to work in the great room. So I would like to know of a good JBL in-wall speaker that will match rather well with the JBL S26II and S-Center?

Thanks,

Perry

2. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

Looks like the Soundpoint and HTI inwall series both have the same 1" Titanium tweeter and EOS Waveguide, but neither have the same woofers as the Studios. If you can go on-wall you may want to consider N24AWs or S36AWs if they have to be white, or N24s or S36s if black is acceptable.

Hope this helps [​IMG]

3. Perry_C

Perry_C Extra

Hello again,

Let me try this again. [​IMG]

I would like to say that I do really like the JBL S26II speakers and they have served me very well in my current configuration.

But with a new house and this room this is going in will be a great room. The room size is going to be 22 x 19 with 10 foot cellings. Since this room is not going to be primary for a home theater, it will still be used as such. In a year I will be converting a one car garage into the home theater, but till this it will be in the great room as the primary home theater.

The couch will be next to the back wall as this room will allow no depth behind the couch and there for 7.1 would be out of the question. I will have built-ins at the front stage of the room where all the front speakers will be. I can then do just book shelve speakers or any option there. But the rear speakers, there really is no way to cover them up, so they are going to have to be in-ceiling speakers. Unless I can figure out some creative solution. But there is the whole WAF to deal with. In-ceiling speakers will work fine in that location. So, if I am going to buy all new speakers. What would be the best speaker setup to go with for this situation of using a 5.1 setup that are timbre matching? Also, I can go with 2 subs.

Thanks,

Perry