JBL S-CenterII for sale (new in sealed box)

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by mark weso, Mar 21, 2004.

1. mark weso

mark weso Auditioning

I have a few of these for sale. They are very hard to find and I've seen them go for $319 on ebay for new ones and $250 for used ones. They match all the studio series II S26II, S36II, S38II, S310II and S312II speakers for seamless use. They have never been opened and have the factory jbl tape on them.

Slashing the price [​IMG]
    I'm asking $285 [​IMG] $250 obo plus shipping.

You can pick up a set of the S36IIPM mains off ebay very cheap that match these perfectly. I live near Baltimore and to if you live close you could pick them up to save on shipping. I wanted to give the people here a chance to buy them before I put them on ebay.

See the description below:

This 3-way dual 5-1/4-Inch center channel loudspeaker with high-impact molded enclosure reproduces sound with unmatched clarity and power. The pure-titanium tweeter and the midrange transducer are mounted on a Linear Field Proximity (LFP) bezel that ensures a seamless transition between the middle and high frequencies. The PolyPlas (polymer-coated cellulose fiber) cone woofer features traditional JBL engineering, the same technologies used in JBL's Professional equipment that can be found in stadiums, music halls and movie theaters around the world. Shielded components allow placement near video monitors. High-temperature, oversized Kapton voice coil and HeatScape motor structure allow these speakers to effortlessly play all types of movies and music. The woofers are built on cast-aluminum frames, which reduce distortion and increase power-handling capability. The FreeFlow flared port increases bass response without adding unwanted port noise. JBL's custom-designed drivers allow the use of simple, Straight-Line Signal Path (SSP) crossover networks with high-quality electrical components that minimize processing that could degrade the signal. All Studio Series loudspeakers are equipped with all-metal, 5-way, gold-plated binding post speaker terminals.

2. jeff days

jeff days Auditioning

Man, where were you 2 weeks ago, I paid $250 for a used one with scratches on it. It sounds great though. And yea, I picked up 4 of the S36IIPM off ebay for a great price. The whole system sounds excellent!!! I don't know how JBL is able to produce such a great sounding system for so little money. My brother has a system that cost 10 times what I spent (I won't mention the brand name as not to start any wars) and he even agrees that mine sounds almost as good as his.

Anyone looking for a great center speaker should jump on these, they are getting very hard to find. I bought the new N-CenterII model and took it back since it didn't sound as good as the S-CenterII. The new model got rid of the midrange and went from a 1" to 3/4" tweeter.

3. Joshua H

Joshua H Stunt Coordinator

hmm, i didn't know they were going for such prices. can either of you give me ballparks on the going rates for a brand new s38-ii pair (used 2 weeks), and somewhat scuffed s38 pair? if i could recoup my costs on those and my s-center i might be tempted to upgrade [​IMG]

4. mark weso

mark weso Auditioning

Well, since I've had 9 people email me about them and none of them actually purchased any. I'm lowering the price to $250 + shipping for these brand new speakers. Or make me an offer....

read the reviews, these speaker are excellent for the price.

Joshua H

I've seen the S38II going for $200 used and $275 new per pair on ebay. You can still find them new at online stores, so the prices are still not too high, where as the S-Center II can not be found at any online stores anywhere, that's why the center speakers go for more. Also since, BestBuy was selling the S36IIPM real cheap, people bought them up, then they wanted a S-Center II to match but couldn't find any, which drives the price up. You know "supply and demand". The S38 are getting old and not many people are selling them, though I'd guess maybe $100-150 per pair depending on the condition.

5. mark weso

mark weso Auditioning

[​IMG] bump