What's new

jbl s 38 vs. inf IL10 NEED OPINIONS for those that have heard both, what preferenc (1 Viewer)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I was at the game the other day to watch the Sharks SPANK the Wings. Never miss them when they are here. :D Sharks fan at heart, but still a Wings fan too :emoji_thumbsup:

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Just to chime in, I own the s38s for mains and have been one happy camper. For the price, there is not a speaker on the market that I have demoed that can beat the JBL's dynamics.The speaker is very versitile, performing well on both music and movies.

If you get a pair, you will not be disappointed (though demoing anything at Best Buy will leave you disappointed). The prices at Consumer Direct are excellent, though you could also check out J and R if you are worried about an authorized dealer.

I also have the S-Center and S-26 for surrounds, and have been in timbre matched glory.

Take the JBL plunge.

Justin

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
Justin,

Thanks for the reply! I am just about set on the s38's. Just wondering what other speakers you tried out before deciding on your jbl's? How do you like the s-center by the way? Does it blend well with the s38's?

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Too bad ubid doesn't have em anymore. I picked up my pair of S312's for $119 each from there. I'd love to pick up either S38's or S36's for the rear.

Stephen Houdek

Second Unit
Real Name
S
Wasn't a very good game for the Wings. They're relaxing before the cup run. Good if you are a Shark's fan though I guess......Sorry to pollute your thread with Hockey talk......But I couldn't resist the Candian Tie.

John, just wait and watch the Wings spank the Sharks in the playoffs!

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
Gabriel you might as well just shoot me for saying the S312s were $120 each on ubid.

If they go on sale again I'll probably get those and put my S38s as surrounds.

At my local bestbuy the JBL speakers were officially destroyed by the public. (tweeters and cones bashed in) It's a shame since uditioning them at bestbuy is what made me buy the S38s in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks