JBL questions???

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Jeff smit, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Jeff smit

Jeff smit Agent

Recently in another thread I was thinking about a JBL scs160si package and have now canned that idea. Heres my new idea for a speaker package for my soon as they ship the thing denon 3803.
    JBL
    2xE60 fronts L/R
    2xE10 surround
    1xec25 center
    1xE150p sub

I can pick this up new for $750 out the door price, does this sound like a decent speaker package for the 3803 and does the price seem fair? As allways I am open to suggestions as This will be my first HT

Jeff

2. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

Jeff, although I'm not familiar with the new JBL lineup of the E series, I will tell you that JBL does represent a solid performer...... The E series is said to be replacing the S series, and if that is the case, then the E should be well received and do a great job for ya. I am sure someone with more knowledge of the E series will pop up at any time.

Noting that you have recently joined the group here, I wish to welcome you and hope that you realize that this bunch around here will definitely cost you some money ![​IMG]

My sig says it all....LOL

3. GregAV

GregAV Agent

Hmm, I'd like to know where you're shopping as the results I find on Froogle http://froogle.google.com/ are well beyond your quoted $750.

The E series is supposed to be an upgrade to the N series, and yet below the discontinued S series in specs.

You might consider S series components while they are available.

If you insist on spending large on a set of floorstanders for mains, S310II surpasses the E series you mentioned.

If bookshelves suit, S38II for mains, S26II, for surrounds, and a SCenterII to complete.

The forum's JBL expert Phil Itturalde runs 4 S26's and a SCenterII with his SVS, he seems quite happy.

If ebaying is an option, this vendor has refurbished/factory warranteed goods at a very reasonable price. http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=26519532

have fun,

Greg

4. Jeff smit

Jeff smit Agent

Thanks for the replys

DonnyD said "hope that you realize that this bunch around here will definitely cost you some money ! " yes I found that out as I started off with a Denon 1804 and JBL scs160si and ended up above my budget lol, but thats ok.

Gregav said "Hmm, I'd like to know where you're shopping "
    Greg I am shopping at a local brick and mortar store here in the Detroit area. also I dont know where you got the I insist spending large out of my intitial post, As I never said anything like that infact you could have seen from my previous post that I was looking at scs160si.

jeff

5. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

6. GregAV

GregAV Agent

Well, I was wondering where you shopped as the prices I got from a quick Froogle on the speakers you were considering exceeded your quoted $750 - before shipping/etc.

When I stated "spendy" concerning the E60 mains it was due to my glancing at the page and noticing a lot of vendors were asking 5 bills. I didn't notice one had them for $400, and another for $370 further on in the results.

Best prices at a glance were as below

E60 - $370
    E10 - $135
    EC25 - $125
    E150P - $250
    ------------

Without further searching I'd say the $750 quote you were given was pretty darn good. But even at $750 I'd shop for a price on S series - it's just "my" personal preference.

Enjoy... whatever you decide to buy [​IMG]

Greg

7. Brad-L

Brad-L Auditioning

Im not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I recently set up my first HT with a JBL NS-P1II and a dayton subwoofer.

It is very nice for my budget.

Anyhow, the best price I found on the JBL NS-P1II was at bhphotovideo.com got the set for 199 dollars, free shipping. They may have what you are looking for there.

8. greg_t

greg_t Screenwriter

I'll add that if anyone here is wanting to get any of the studio series, do it quick because they are going very fast. I recently picked up 310's for front, S36 for surrounds, and S-Center. These are all getting more rare by the day.

9. Jason8

Jason8 Agent

I have JBL Northridge speakers as my first HT setup, and I have to say they are very solid performers. If you get one of the NSP packages, you can save alot, try ecost, etronics, or buy.com. As for the S-series, Jandr.com still has alot of that stuff with free shipping. That is also where I ordered my JBL northridge speakers.