What's new

JBL PROPACK600ii, very good price, worth it?.... need help!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

joe_waite

Stunt Coordinator
hello, here is my situation. i am looking for a HT system that will be used in my apartment bedroom next year for college. obviously the room is not that big so the need for expensive equiptment is not there. harmanaudio has the jbl propackii on ebay and it can be had for less than $400 shipped. this system comes with a dvd player, reciever, and the scs135 speaker system. so what do you guys think about this system? the price is very good, and the speakers seem to be a good size for what i need. Would you recomend this to me for a bedroom apartment set up? help me out because i would like to order asap if most reviews are positive. thanks guys!!

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I'd say it would be tough to go wrong with that package. The JBL speaker/sub package alone sells for $500 at best buy. I'm guessing alot of the technology from the Harman Kardon receivers went in to the one included in the package. One thing to consider is the DVD player isn't progressive scan, but that's only an issue if you have a HDTV. For a bedroom system it would definitely do a good job.

Also, I don't see any real reason to get the ProPack 600II instead of the ProPack 600. There aren't any differences that I can see and the 600 is $70 less than the 600II.

Hope this helps :)

joe_waite

Stunt Coordinator
the propack 1 doesnt play cd-r's that is the main difference. plus the price because i will get the propackII off ebay for cheaper than the propackI on harmanaudio... hope that makes sence.... but the propackI is not up on ebay. i think i will go for it, seems like a very good deal to me. any more opinions before i pull the trigger?

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Unless you're ordering from HarmanAudio on ebay, i'd watch out for shipping prices. HarmanAudio charges very reasonable shipping prices both on ebay and on their website. Alot of other Ebay sellers charge VERY high shipping rates which can really break a deal, especially on something that is no doubt large and heavy, such as a HTIB.

Hope this helps :)

Jose G

Supporting Actor
Isn't the package your talking about only $328 on harmanaudio.com? The warranty may be an issue if you get it on ebay unless it's from Harman on ebay. . Unless you are thinking of increasing your budget, I think this little system will be just fine for you. For the money- it's a nice deal at $328. Good luck

joe_waite

Stunt Coordinator
the unit is listed at $398 on harmanaudio.com i won an auction on ebay through harmanaudio form $380 including shipping and that will come with the full warrenty. so i think i am going to go through with it. you really cant beat that deal for what you get. anymore help is appreciated, but i think i will go through with the purchase. thanks

Jose G

Supporting Actor
Let us know how this unit sounds once you get it. I have a cousin who may be interested in it, too. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks