What's new

JBL professional sub bass THX! (1 Viewer)

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Is there any “JBL 4645” or 4546-B 4645-C owners hear!?

I’m a proud owner of JBL 4645 with a newer JBL sub bass driver, 2240H, the unit’s ability to produce deep lows at high sound pressure levels is remarkable, and easily controllable over smaller models that I have used, where limitations restrict the playback of the film soundtrack or music in general, in a word she’s an incredible sub bass unit, that I’ve been using for 8 years now, untouchable.

The highest level I have seen it running at is 120dbc weighting, with the film “Final Approach.” :D

Hears some pictures of the”JBL 4645.”

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/forum...ntid=590&stc=1

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/forum...ntid=592&stc=1

Greg Conti

Stunt Coordinator
I ran a 4645B for years with a bridged Macrotech 1200. I've never once bottomed out the JBL or even clipped the amp. It was very impressive. I eventually grew tired of the huge thing sitting in my living room and built a much smaller 15" sub with dual PRs that gets me a little deeper and "almost" to the JBLs output. if I ever had a dedicated HT room. I would love to get another one.

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
In the eighties I owned both the JBL B-380 (15in) and the B-460 (18in). I powered them both with an assortment of amps with the best results coming from a bridged Adcom GFA-555 (400watt +/-)then finally with one Adcom GFA-565 (300 watt mono).

Both were fine subs that would flat move some air. . . On more than one occasion the turn on thump would literally blow the grill off and throw it across the room. Funny thing I don't remember how I solved that problem but I did get it solved. Not for the faint of heart. . .

These subs were JBL's consumer line that I don't know what the pro version would be called. Finally I removed the drivers and tossed the cabs. I had them stored in my garage and sitting right on the floor (big mistake) so the cabs got wet and were ruined. I still have both drivers and I am not sure what I will do with them(not for sale at any price). I had intended to build a box and use them again.

Since buying my SVS sub that I use now and have been using for the past few years I am in no hurry.

I loved those subs especially the smaller 360. Most of all was the WOW factor I think.. . Although they do not go as low as my SVS or some other subs I have owned they can't be beat for sheer output and they do music well. . . I learned how to use sub-woofers (no small task) with those JBL subs. I think there will always be a sub in my life be it music or HT or best of all both. . .

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
So do you just buy these subs and build a boc for it or do they come in a box? Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Lance

No, it’s the JBL 4645, with a loaded with a newer 18” sub bass driver.

The “JBL B 460” I have seen pictures of that beauty before, I wouldn’t mind a few them to bring the walls tumbling down!

Guy

“Blow the grill off and throw it across the room”

LOL

Where you the same person in the “Maxwell” commercial!?:D

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Now thats the subwoofer I would like to have to go with my Altec A7 Voice of the Theater cabinets I use in my HT system. Am still trying to find speakers that will be a better match to my A7's. I am trying to replace my current center channel and rear speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks