What's new

JBL Performance Series (1 Viewer)

Frank PW

Stunt Coordinator
I’ve recently come across an opportunity to pick up a set of the Performance Series of the JBL line of speakers.

The cost is considerably lower then what the original retail was. In all honesty that was what first caught my eye.

I realize that speaker selection is an individual taste but I’m interested in your thoughts on this product if you own a pair or have had a chance to listen to them at friend’s house or a local dealer.

Thanks
Frank

Fred_Krampits

Stunt Coordinator
Frank:

I messaged someone I know at another forum that owns these speakers to come here and reply.

From what I have heard him say in the past he is more than thrilled with them.

I wish I could have afforded them myself. Instead I have the E series.

Frank PW

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Fred, I look forward to his opinion.

I have a older HK that may need upgrading to drive these new speakers. That's if I decide to go ahaed with the purchase.

Thats the odd thing about Audio/Video. One change requires another.

Regards
Frank

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Frank I have the S-series. I'm not familiar with the Performance series. What's the model?

Frank PW

Stunt Coordinator
Hi John,
Well if I had to attach a letter I guess it would be the “P” series.

The web site and literature that I’ve read only refers to them as the performance series.

The link below takes you to the page on the JBL web site that shows the speakers. The ones that I’m considering are a cherry or light oak color.

http://www.jbl.com/home/products/series.asp?SerId=PER

I’ve looked around the site but can’t see any remark about a series.

Regards

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Frank: I checked out your link but sorry, I'm not familiar with that series at all. You need to talk to "Mr. JBL" a/k/a Phil I. I've found that when it comes to JBL products, he's one of the most knowledgeable at this site. Maybe he'll chime in.

P.S.....Phil, still lovin' my S-36II's!

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter

Not too surprising ... I still love my JBL N- (vacation house) & S-Series!!!

If the JBL Performance Series were in my WAF budget, they would sound Glorious!

Hope this helps,
Phil

Frank PW

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the help Phil.

Sounds like someone has a new toy.

Well I went to the owner’s home today to have a look and listen.

These truly are fantastic sounding speakers. We played different types of music and gave a movie a spin on the DVD player. Played some U-571 and T2

The setup consists of the fronts sitting on top of each sub. They’re connected to each other with gold connector bus bars. It’s a nice looking setup. But it’s big at 44 inches from the floor to the top of the speaker.

The rears are the same size as the fronts minus the sub. The rears measure 24 high by 13 wide.

Here in lies the problem. The physical size of this system is going to be a little overpowering in room that’s it’s going into. Down the road they’ll be in a dedicated HT room but that won’t happen until my kids decide to venture out on there own.

I guess I’ll get used to it as will my wife, but it’ll take some time.

One things for sure. Dual 400 watt subs sure do kick some serious butt.

What to do.

Frank

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks