What's new

JBL PB12 Warranty..FYI (response from JBL) (1 Viewer)

Richard_s

Second Unit
The response I got on the warranty of the PB12 as well as how I can tell I got a recent Model. Just passing the information on.

Hi Richard,

The PB12 manufacturing facility was recently moved. Newer PB12's will have a separate Power switch.

The warranty period for this model is one year for electronics and five years on speaker components, as described on the warranty statement packaged with your unit.

Regards,

Ernie Luedemann

Web Support 3

John_Bilbrey

Second Unit
I've had my PB12 for about a month now. I'm very pleased with it. I was very leary about the purchase of this model due to the issues with the amp section. After a good debate I decided to go for it. I have noticed that it gets pretty warm around where the power cord goes into the unit, even when it's been in standby for a while. If it goes, I can always send it in for repair or get the $99 amp from parts express....Mine does have a seperate power switch on it. I guess that's good meaning I have one of the newer models. Maybe these don't have the issue with the amp.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Actually, I thought it was the older PWs (Which I have) that had the amp problem. I have one and haven't had the amp go bad on me yet...

Jason

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
Both PW's and early PB's had the amp problem. But I haven't come across anything lately dealing with amp troubles. Now even the PB10 gets the power switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks