1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

JBL PB12 Warranty..FYI (response from JBL)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Richard_s, May 2, 2002.

1. Richard_s

Richard_s Second Unit

The response I got on the warranty of the PB12 as well as how I can tell I got a recent Model. Just passing the information on.

2. John_Bilbrey

John_Bilbrey Stunt Coordinator

I've had my PB12 for about a month now. I'm very pleased with it. I was very leary about the purchase of this model due to the issues with the amp section. After a good debate I decided to go for it. I have noticed that it gets pretty warm around where the power cord goes into the unit, even when it's been in standby for a while. If it goes, I can always send it in for repair or get the $99 amp from parts express....Mine does have a seperate power switch on it. I guess that's good meaning I have one of the newer models. Maybe these don't have the issue with the amp.

3. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

Actually, I thought it was the older PWs (Which I have) that had the amp problem. I have one and haven't had the amp go bad on me yet...

Jason

4. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

Both PW's and early PB's had the amp problem. But I haven't come across anything lately dealing with amp troubles. Now even the PB10 gets the power switch.