JBL PB12 Warranty..FYI (response from JBL)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Richard_s, May 2, 2002.

1. Richard_s

Richard_s Second Unit

The response I got on the warranty of the PB12 as well as how I can tell I got a recent Model. Just passing the information on.

2. John_Bilbrey

John_Bilbrey Stunt Coordinator

I've had my PB12 for about a month now. I'm very pleased with it. I was very leary about the purchase of this model due to the issues with the amp section. After a good debate I decided to go for it. I have noticed that it gets pretty warm around where the power cord goes into the unit, even when it's been in standby for a while. If it goes, I can always send it in for repair or get the $99 amp from parts express....Mine does have a seperate power switch on it. I guess that's good meaning I have one of the newer models. Maybe these don't have the issue with the amp.

3. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

Actually, I thought it was the older PWs (Which I have) that had the amp problem. I have one and haven't had the amp go bad on me yet...

Jason

4. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

Both PW's and early PB's had the amp problem. But I haven't come across anything lately dealing with amp troubles. Now even the PB10 gets the power switch.