What's new

jbl pb12 sub questions? (1 Viewer)

allan espinoza

Stunt Coordinator
i was wandering if anyone knew anything on the pb 12? ive heard a lot bad remarks of it not working soon after a year. but then ive heard good remarks of it being a realy good sub. does anybody own this sub that you can give me your advice or experiences?

Boka

Stunt Coordinator
I've had the sub for about six months, no problems so far.
My understanding is that there were some reliability issues with earlier models but all is good now.
It sounds nice. Adds oomph to some movie scenes. Complements my JBL speakers well.
It doesn't pound like a Brontosauras, but hey, what do you expect for < $300
IMHO, a good deal for the price, $270 shipped from B&H Photo Video.

Any other questions?

Brian Ruth

Supporting Actor
I have it, and I think its a competent little sub. It handles HT nicely, though I haven't had a chance to test it on DPLII'd Organ Music yet.

I DID get mine for a discount though, so I'm wary about recommending it for full price.

The consensus here is that a SVS is a better deal for a sub, and it still matches well with JBL speakers.

YOU DO have JBLs as your other speakers, right?

Rob_K

Auditioning
Funny you ask that, as my fuse just blew. This is the second time it has happened in 2 years. That would explain why some people say they're only good for one year, heh. Anyways, all you have to do is replace it with a new one ($1.25), it takes about 10 minutes. If anyone wants instructions for this, reply to this message and I'll take pictures and write a simple tutorial.

Back to the subwoofer. I love it, and replacing a fuse once in awhile wouldn't deter me from buying it. It's tight for music, and great for movies.

-Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks