JBL PB12 Powered Sub FS...possibly FT -Pittsburgh, PA

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Philippe Kline, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Philippe Kline

Philippe Kline Stunt Coordinator

Well, in the next couple weeks I'll be getting my long, long, LONG awaited SVS, so my 250 Watt JBL PB12 Subwoofer will have to go. It's in great shape; no blemishes and no signs of decreased performance since the day I bought it (10/something/02.) I have the original packaging and I'm pretty sure I have the paperwork/manual that went along w/it. Also, I'll throw in the 25' NXG RCA cable w/the Y-adaptor I've been using to hook it up to my receiver. I paid a little over $300 w/tax when I bought it, so I'd like something reasonable in exchange for it (start @ $200.) Cash would be ideal, but I'm interested and curious in what kind of trade offers could be made, too. Oh, and I seriously don't want to ship this thing (pickup in Pittsburgh, PA), but if I must, shipping/insurance will be paid by the buyer.

Thanks!
    -philippe kline

P.S. Specs Link:
    http://www.jbl.com/home/products/pro...sp?ProdId=PB12

2. Brad E

Brad E Second Unit

Hey Philippe, so how does the SVS compare to the PB12?

I currently have a PB12, so I'd be very interested to know. I'v had it for 9 months now and have been very satisfied. It really pounds even though I have it set up in a faily large room.
    Thanks

3. Philippe Kline

Philippe Kline Stunt Coordinator

It's almost unfair to compare the two; like I've said elsewhere, the SVS is like a musical instrument capable of playing a whole symphony on its own, where as the JBL (albeit powerful and loud) is capable of playing just one note/ tone. I'm hearing and FEELING bass I KNEW was missing before (like big gaping holes) when watching a DVD or anything w/good LFE. This new realization of bass extends to music (obviously) as well; everything, from hip-hop to folk, just sounds infinitely better. By better, I mean cleaner, more precise, more powerful (but not overwhelmingly- unless I want it [​IMG] ), tighter, more tactile.... I could go on, but I think you get it. Don't get me wrong, though- for nearly 2yrs I enjoyed the hell out of my PB12, but it's just not in the same league as SVS.

Then 20-39PCi is just a damn fine subwoofer, and probably the best HT component purchase I've made to date.