JBL- PB12 or PB10???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan Stone, Apr 16, 2002.

1. Ryan Stone

Ryan Stone Auditioning

I dont know which subwoofer to buy. I will use it for DVDs and music. It will be used with my NSP1 speaker set. Which one do you think will be better???

2. MikeKaz

MikeKaz Stunt Coordinator

PB12. its in a whole different class than the PB10

3. David_Stein

David_Stein Second Unit

everything ive said has said pb12.

however, due to budget constraints i got a pb10. its not bad, but if i had the money, i would have gone pb12

4. Mike Franklin

Mike Franklin Stunt Coordinator

I concure with the two other gentlemen get the pb12. I bought mine two weeks ago and I love it, it shakes my whole house.

5. ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson Cinematographer

I have the PB12 and love it. Unless money is a concern, why even consider the smaller one? Bigger is better!

6. Matt Weyen

Matt Weyen Stunt Coordinator

I have the PB10, it's decent, but I really wish I had known what I was getting into when I bought it, I would have gone for the PB12 for sure. I think that an even better bet would be to go for a Cerwin Vega 15". I have a friend who got one for $300 and that thing kicks ass on my tiny PB10.

7. Jason Bell

Jason Bell Stunt Coordinator

I just bought the PB10 today. So far I'm pretty happy with it. For music it seems to blend in really well with my Axiom M22s. I've only calibrated by ear because I dont have an SPL meter yet. I tried it out on Fight Club and U-571 and it filled up my fairly large living room with pretty good BASS. I seriously doubt it would be enough bass for a lot of people on this forum[​IMG] I mean my house wasnt shaking. The bass it did produce was very clear and quick and it kept up with all the music I tried with it. The only thing that bothers me about the sub is I'm afraid I'll get the upgrade bug to fast and wish I would have bought something better to begin with. So If you got the money I would buy the PB12.

8. Christopher_H

Christopher_H Stunt Coordinator

Ryan,

I was in the same dilemma you are in but decided to go with the PB12. From what I've read, you get deeper bass from the larger subs. I bought mine from JandR for $299 with free shipping. It sounds great!