JBL PB10 VS. Onix UFW-10

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by greg baker, Jun 2, 2004.

1. greg baker

greg baker Stunt Coordinator

I am looking to upgrade my sub and I have looked at HSU and SVS and I like them both but they are fairly large. I am happy with the way my PB-10 handles HT duty but I am not so thrilled with it for Music. According to CNET the PB-10 puts out only 52 watts RMS( it is rated at 150). Would I notice a huge difference in output with the UFW-10? Like I said the part of the JBL that I am not that thrilled with is music. I have S26 Mains and the S-center. I know this would be subjective but I would like to know if anyone has heard both and how they stack up. I can tell by the posts on this forum that the SVS and HSU would be a significant upgrade. I am just wondering if I would be as pleased with a UFW-10. I love the looks of it and the size is a plus. Thanks,

Greg

2. Craig Chase

Craig Chase Gear Guru
    Supporter

Craig
    The UFW-10 will not quite hit Hsu/SVS SPL's, but it is quite powerful and really a great subwoofer... and for sound quality, I have not heard its superior for under $1000

3. Jed M

Jed M Cinematographer

I think you would be surprised how many people don't think SVS or HSU are a significant upgrade. I have yet to hear of anyone who has been disappointed about the way the UFW-10 sounds, just its extension. For a 10" sub I would think the UFW-10 would be hard to beat.