What's new

JBL PB10 VS. Onix UFW-10 (1 Viewer)

greg baker

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking to upgrade my sub and I have looked at HSU and SVS and I like them both but they are fairly large. I am happy with the way my PB-10 handles HT duty but I am not so thrilled with it for Music. According to CNET the PB-10 puts out only 52 watts RMS( it is rated at 150). Would I notice a huge difference in output with the UFW-10? Like I said the part of the JBL that I am not that thrilled with is music. I have S26 Mains and the S-center. I know this would be subjective but I would like to know if anyone has heard both and how they stack up. I can tell by the posts on this forum that the SVS and HSU would be a significant upgrade. I am just wondering if I would be as pleased with a UFW-10. I love the looks of it and the size is a plus. Thanks,

Greg

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
The UFW-10 will not quite hit Hsu/SVS SPL's, but it is quite powerful and really a great subwoofer... and for sound quality, I have not heard its superior for under $1000

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
I think you would be surprised how many people don't think SVS or HSU are a significant upgrade. I have yet to hear of anyone who has been disappointed about the way the UFW-10 sounds, just its extension. For a 10" sub I would think the UFW-10 would be hard to beat.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks