What's new

JBL PB-10 sub has no power switch. Any workarounds? (1 Viewer)

Matt Lando

Agent
I own this sub and I didn't realize until after I hooked it up that it lacks a power switch. It does power-down into standby mode when there is no signal present, but that is not good enough because I can still hear it humming all night long unless I unplug it. Are there any good workarounds for this? Is there a switch of somekind I can buy from radio shack?

Also, this is probably a stupid question but I noticed that my Yamaha HTR-5490 receiver has two "switched" outlets on the back. According to the manual, the outlets can handle a combined total of 80 watts. My subwoofer is powered by a 150 watts RMS internal amp. Is 150 watts the amount of power my sub consumes? Or does it consume less power than that? I'm just wondering if it's at all possible to use the switched outlet on the back of the receiver to solve my problem. I'm guessing the answer is no.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. I'd hate to think I have to get up and plug and unplug this thing evertime I want to use it.

Is this true of most subs? Or do most have a switch?

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
I was considering the PB-10 at one point, but went with the PB-12 which has a ON/OFF switch.

You could get a small power strip and when your done with your sub you could just turn off the power strip, there are other power strips that may have only 1 or 2 plug in's, check Radio Shack.

I would not use my receiver to power the PB-10, It may draw too much power and cause too much of a power draw on your receiver. I don't know if it will hurt anything, but I have heard not to do this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks