JBL or Infinity Speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Eric-Miller, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Eric-Miller

Eric-Miller Auditioning

Ok here is the deal Im building my HT and I already have two infinity studio speakers my uncle gave me. Not brand new but still pretty nice. The HT I put together for a friend we used the JBL NSPI setup w/ a PB12. I loved them. So I was going to go with those and mix them with the Infinities in front since I'll be going with a 7.1ch set up. For both the JBL's and the sub it will be about $560 shipped. It would be about $620 shipped to go with the Infinity Entra point 5. No brackets on the Infinity's so I would have to but those and the sub is a 10' instead of a 12". What should I do would I just be paying more for less with the infinity's or is the quality that much better than JBL.
    Oh and a side note if anyone has info on speaker placement for 7.1 I would love to read up on it.

2. BobAZ

BobAZ Stunt Coordinator

3. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

For the life of me, I could never figure out this big love affair with the NSP1s. I sell them and I think they sound decent and are a very good value, but it's hard for me to put them on the same page as the Entra Point Fives.

Just my humble opinion, of course.