Jbl Nsp1 ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Arsene, Apr 10, 2002.

1. Arsene

Arsene Auditioning

I'm planning to buy new speakers with the Onkyo TX-SR600.

What do you think of the following fit:

Onkyo TX-SR600 (~$407+)+ JBL NSP1 (~$250) + Sony SA-WM40 ?

2. David_Stein

David_Stein Second Unit

i have the onkyo 575x (which is the predecessor of the 595, which is obviously the predecessor of the 600) with the nsp1 and jbl pb10 sub (the sony sub is supposed to be a bit better if stuffed).

this was my first dive into home theatre/non-minisystem audio, and Im completely satisfied. The sound quality is a whole lot better than what i was used to (duh.) and movies, well, having never had the pleasure of listening to DD or dts before at home, and i absolutely love it.

the nsp1s get all kinds of praise on here by people who have better trained ears than me, especially for the price.

3. JesseR

JesseR Stunt Coordinator

If you can step up to one of the jbl subs either the 10 or 12 inch you might be better off...I listened to those speakers with the jbl 10 inch sub and thought it was pretty good for the price....also i know harmonaudio.com has some refurbished subs and things if u were interested in looking there....might be able to find an ok deal on something....good luck

4. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Yea for the price it's a no brainer, that center channel sound great. I sold 2 of the N24s that came with the NSP-1 though and bought N26s instead for the fronts, if you have a bigger room you might wanna think about doing the same. Click on the pic in my sig to see em, not only do they sound great but they look maawvulous.
    btw- The new Northridge line has the N26s in wooden enclosures instead of shapely plastic, probably sound marginally better. Retail stores like BB still seem to be selling the original models at less-than-stellar prices, not sure who has the newer models.

5. David_Stein

David_Stein Second Unit

oh, and jandr.com or call, _very_ competitive prices, free shipping on jbl products last time i checked. they also have really good prices on the old version of the n26s and n28s if you want to do that upgrade, breck is right, i dont think the n24s will get to reference, but then again, thats really loud...

6. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter