JBL NSP1 with RF-3 II's?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by SteveGo, Jul 5, 2002.

1. SteveGo

SteveGo Auditioning

I saw the link for that great JBL deal for $199.88, but I want to eventualy upgrade to Klipsch RF-3 or RF-3 II's for mains, and I was wondering how you all think they would match. I know they're two different brands, and it's possible I would buy a new center along with my RF-3's, but I was wondering if the rears would match. Thanks.

Steve

2. Jason Wilcox

Jason Wilcox Supporting Actor

hmm.....it could be a problem actually.....the JBL's sensitivity is only 86db and i'm sure the klipsch's are well above 90db. could be a problem when balancing the levels of the speakers because of the vast difference in sensitivity. I know my receiver has an option to drop 10db off the mains in case of this situation.....but it doesn't do anything for the center which you'll need to have being a klipsch eventually to match the mains. unless your receiver is feature packed and lets you adjust the levels of the speakers quite a bit, i'd say it doesn't look like a good idea.

3. Jason Wilcox

Jason Wilcox Supporting Actor

it'd work as long as you used the n-center (and the 10db drop on the mains option in your receiver)....but you probably won't want that for too long with the klipsch's as mains.