What's new

JBL NSP1 speaker set question (1 Viewer)

Eddie Wimberly

Stunt Coordinator
I am thinking of buying the JBL NSP1 speaker set, along with this stuff:

Kenwood VR-509 Reciever

Sony SA-WM40 Subwoofer

Panasonic RV31 DVD

I currently have a WEGA 27" Sony TV, KV27FS13.

I was looking at the prices of the Speaker stands for the FSN24. They sell for $70 and that's before shipping!!! Jbl suggests they be sold for around $130. My question is, would I be better off looking for a more expensive speaker set that includes stands/tower speakers instead of this one?

I want to purchase the JBL set as it comes highly recommended by everyone here, but add another $140 dollars for the price of 2 pairs of stands and I'm not so sure it is the way to go. Any suggestions?

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Eddie,dont worry so much about the matching stands.when I fist bought my NSP1(awesome by the way, you wont be dissapointed)I was tempted to buy them also but the price like you saw was absurd.Simple solution?go to radio shack,best buy, or circuit city and get a pair thats reasonably priced and looks good.Also look around online at places like etronics .com or bestpriceaudiovideo.com for great prices also.However just out of curiosity youre not paying more than $250 for the speakers are you? Anyway hope this helps some,later.

Luis S

Eddie Wimberly

Stunt Coordinator
Etronics has the speaker set listed at 269.00 before shipping. J and R has them for 299.00, I believe that is with shipping included. This is the best I have found. If you know if a better deal please let me know. i've been scouring Best Buy for a returned one, but have had no luck.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I made some stands for the N24's out of pine boards, and I used the mounting brackets that come with the set to attach the speakers. They don't sit on the stands, the appear to float in front of them. Painted black, they bear an unfortunate resemblance to tombstones.

Also, the E-tronics price of $269 was the best I've found lately, but the $40 shipping makes JandR cheaper (shipping included).

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Oops,sorry I got confused:b .269.00 is the best price for the nsp1,I paid 250.00 for the pb-12. Sorry if I caused any confusion.Good Luck,

Luis S

ozric_smith

Agent
JandR has the jbl stands for $54.99 with free shipping. I know, I just got a 595, the NSP1 + PB10 and the stands.

Eddie Wimberly

Stunt Coordinator
J and R describes the stands...

"JBL Floor Stands for Home Cinema Speakers ( Pair )

These black floor stands support any surround satellites in the JBL family of home cinema speakers / Price is for two stands"

When I read this it made it sound like they only fit the speakers included in the home cinema pack. Are you sure these stands will fit the speakers Ozrik?

Also, if anyone has any other speaker stand suggestions lets hear em.

AllanN

Supporting Actor
Figured id resurrect this thread because I just got the NSP1's and are looking to get/make some stands. Did anyone ever figure out if the $55 JBL stands from JandR will fit the N24's? Anyone else here make stands for N24's?

Mike Kao

Second Unit
The $55 stands are not the FSN24 which are specifically designed for the N24 speakers. They don't list the NSP1 system as compatible with these stands so you're probably out of luck on this one...

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
... FSN24 which are specifically designed for the N24 speakers. They don't list the NSP1 system as compatible with these stands so ...
Correct, so use the 31" Sanus Stands @ Best Buy as a recommendation. I used velcro to secure them on the top plate - works great!

Phil

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
Eddie,
Just this past weekend I spent some good time wiring my house for my NSP1's and PB-12 sub that finally came in last Wed. (From J&R)!! Hey, you'll love 'em:D :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
I also bought 2 pr. of the stands from Radio Shack for $49./pr. They do the trick and extend to a pleasing height for the surrounds. Oh, there are 3 different mounting options included w/this stand. I used the flat plates w/ the enclosed velcro pads to secure the N24's. Lovin'everyminuteofit:D
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks