jbl nsp1, S or sony sa835!!!please help!! I cannot sleep!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Hernan H, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Hernan H

Hernan H Auditioning

Mar 7, 2003
    My cousin will bring me from USA some system, Im from argentina, South America.
    Could be: a nsp1 jbl n package.
    or a Sony 835 ( i heard that this system is good, but i have no problem with speakers size could be medium or small)
    or a "mixed" s center, s36 mains and n24 surrounds.
    My problem is the weight of the system, he could carry a 30lbs system and other 20-25lbs for the sub.
    i have my HT in my living room, is a small apartment, i dont need huge power
    I use a pioneer 509 ddigital receiver 5.1 100wx5.
    help me please!!!! I´m very impressed of knowledgment of people of this forum, so im asking for mercy!!! i need to stop thinking and buy something!!!
  2. David_Stein

David_Stein Second Unit

Feb 13, 2002
    the mixed s-center, s36s, and n24s will sound hte best, but i dont know how the weight will figure in.

i have the nsp1, so i can recommend that, its a very good system for the size and especially price.

i cant say much about the sony set, other than sony isnt a very well respected speaker manufacturer, especially on the low end (save for the wm40 sub).
  3. BobAZ

BobAZ Stunt Coordinator

Apr 5, 2002
    Another vote for the NSP package. I know the N24s are 4.5 lbs. and the N-Center is 10 lbs. Add the box and packing materials and it will put you right around your 30 lb. limit.

Check the JBL website for specs on the S series. I don't think they use the same molded (plastic?)enclosures as the N series, so they will definitely put you over weight.