What's new

JBL NSP1 II, or other budget systems (1 Viewer)

BrandonCB

Grip
I was looking to get a system last year and got good recommendations for the JBL NSP1 II system. I didn't get one last summer but this time I really need to get a system, but want to try and keep it around $500. For anyone that doesn't know about the NSP1's, here's a description taken from an eBay auction:

SPECIFICATIONS: General Section Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power: Satellites: 100 Watts Center: 150 Watts Impedance: 8 Ohms Sensitivity (2.83V @ 1m): 86dB satellites, 90dB center Frequency Response ( 3dB): Satellites: 75Hz 20kHz Center: 80Hz 20kHz Crossover Frequency(ies): Satellites: 3000Hz Center: 3500Hz High-Frequency Driver: 3/4" Titanium-laminate dome with EOS waveguide Low-Frequency Driver: Satellites: 4" PolyPlas cone Center: Dual 5" PolyPlas cones Dimensions (H x W x D): Satellites: 9-1/2" x 6-1/4" x 4-3/4" (241mm x 159mm x 121 mm) Center: 6-1/2" x 20-1/2" x 8-1/2" (165mm x 521mm x 216mm) Weight: Satellites: 4.5 lb (2.1kg) Center: 10 lb (4.6kg)

I can get them for $240 (w/o sub), is this a fair price for this system? If not, what is? I'm looking to buy about a $200 reciever, $100 sub, $200 speakers, but am flexible with all of these prices so long as it doesn't get too expensive. It's for a small room, not sure about the exact dimensions though. This will be my first system as I am in college (we have one at home but it's an out-of-box Sony system that I don't particularly care for).

Marcel_V

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds like a decent price. I recall someone saying something recently about a bestbuy sale on them for 149, but thats probably over. I paid about 230 including shipping for mine last year, I got the nspII set because I like the color better, but they are the same accoustically. Try pricegrabber.com with a nsp search.

I like them a lot, great sound for the price, and the wall brackets they include are fantastic for mounting them out of the way. I use them with a pair of N38 towers for a 7.1 system.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks