JBL NSP1 and JBL PB10 Sub

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JesseA, Feb 15, 2002.

1. JesseA

JesseA Agent

I have the mentioned setup and it sounds amazing in DVDs. Yet, when I play music CD's it just seems to be lacking sound wise.

The setup is as follows

-Xbox = DVD/CD player Optic cable from advanced AV pack directly to back of reciever

-Reciever Technics SADX750 100Wx5

-NSP1 speaker package

-PB 10 Sub (connected to reciever sub input in LFE mode with only one Radio Shack gold series Cable)

The sub just doesnt have the same punch in music as it does in DVDs, and the system just generally sounds not as good as I feel it should.

How should this system be configured when listening to CDs? Any help would be appreciated as this is my first system, and I am relativley new to this.

2. ozric_smith

ozric_smith Agent

I have a Onyko 595 with the same speakers and a N501 dvd. It plays music well. I have trazzo floors, what's under your sub?

3. JesseA

JesseA Agent

The floor is carpet so I have a piece of wood paneling under it.

4. JesseA

JesseA Agent

I'm more concernd if I have it hooked up correctly. Is the sub supposed to be in hooked up through the LFE when listening to music or some way else.

5. Paul Clarke

Paul Clarke Supporting Actor

I use the PB10 LFE only with my new Wharfedale 97's with great success. While there can be a big difference in using towers as opposed to your setup, there is virtually nothing a little tweaking and judicious listening with the AVIA test disc can't help cure.

I also got a Y-splitter from Rat Shack and use both inputs. I know it's Mono but you have to wonder why there's an R & L. What crossover options are on your Technics?

6. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

7. Kenny Booth

Kenny Booth Stunt Coordinator

I have the same system as you. Flip off the LFE switch on the sub, it's most likely running thru two sets of crossovers. That helped mine a lot.

I also replaced my main N24s with two Paradigm Titans. For music that helped a lot. The NSP1 is a great system but the small mains just aren't big enough for music unless you are sitting right in front of them.