JBL NSP-1, NSP-2, Klipsch Quintets, or Energy take 5?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kyle_W, Jan 6, 2002.

1. Kyle_W

Kyle_W Agent

well this is about what it's narrowed down to, i think the klipsch's are teh cheapest, and the energy's are pretty hard to find, for the klipsch i am just going to order them off of ebay if i do, and i'll buy the sub locally (10") should come out around 500, i looked and looked for the energy but can't find them. the jbl's i can get off of best buy or multiple places online, as you can see i'm just throwing out ideas, any input is appreciated

2. charles_w

charles_w Stunt Coordinator

3. Phil Iturralde

Phil Iturralde Screenwriter

FYI: Audition the JBL NSP1 speakers, they are more dynamic (Theater playback SPL w/powered sub) and reproduces wider, flatter frequency** than the other popular speakers you listed!
    http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/SoundAndVision/Article/Features/priceright0130/priceright0130p05.html
    N-24 front left/right.... 89 Hz to 18.9 kHz ±2.7 dB
    N-Center................. 89 Hz to 20 kHz ±5.5 dB
    N-24 surround............ 89 Hz to 18.4 kHz ±3.2 dB
    **Sound & Vision STANDARD speaker tests by Tom Nousaine - compare the NSP1s 'frequency response' vs. speakers costing $$ more @ my website Are Bose Speakers Over Priced vs. Performance?? and see if you get more performance, . . . by spending more!?!?!??
    For more JBL NSP1 INFO, test reports w/links, see my website Why you should add JBL N & S Series to your audition list!
    Phil

4. Kyle_W

Kyle_W Agent

ok thanks guys, seems like the nsp-1's are the way to go, what is the best price i'm gonna find on these? and since they dont' include a sub would a klipsh 10" go good w/ them ? only reason i say klipsh is because i have 70 dollars store credit at the local shop so i could get the 10 for 200 which i dont' think is bad... but i'll check to see what other brands they offer...thanks guys

5. Jerry AZ

Jerry AZ Stunt Coordinator

I have the NSP1's and they sound very nice. I got them at J&R for $299 shipped. Etronics also has them for around $270 and $30 shipping.

6. Kyle_W

Kyle_W Agent

well now i'm also considering some jamo's anybody have opinions on these? model is: A310 PDD.3 five speakers and the sub is included they run $550 locally so i was seeing how cheap i can get them online but not much luck so far.

thanks for the info jerry, i appreciate it