What's new

JBL NPS1 or NPS1 II ? (1 Viewer)

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
I'm planning on buying an JBL NPS1 system, but I have the two options NPS1 and NPS1 II, also I'm going to pair it with a PB12, but in etronics has little more expensive the NPS1 II, because they are new.

1) $509 (NPS1+PB12) + $85 (shipping) = $594
2) $350 (NPS1 II) + PB12(248) + $45 (shipping) = $643

A little wierd that the kit has more expensive shipping than the other one, but I think this is how the catch customers, but it doesn't matter tome, but still interesting.

I'm also planning to set it with a ONKYO SR600, which has 6.1 capability, and in the near future to add an extra speaker, but I don't know if I will still find a series I.

So do you think the NPS1II is worth the extra buck, is there any difference besides the price?

Thanks for any replies,
Pablo Abularach

WesleyHester

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Hester
The ii (two) series is a direct result of JBL being sued by Bose over the port design and other similarities between the two which Bose holds patents over.
Are the new ii's better or worse for the redesign? I personally can't say because I've only heard the original NPS1 package and none of the ii's. However, I haven't "heard" of anyone stating a major difference.
If I was in your position though, I would go ahead with the ii's for $49 more and stick with the ii's in the future because well: they are the future.
If I was going to buy an additional speaker I would get a cheaper original. Of course, I've already invested in several originals already and I'm not starting from scratch with JBLs.

Mike Kao

Second Unit
Pablo,
You can view my initial review of the NSP1II set here. Still breaking the speakers in... I will wait another week until I make another comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks