What's new

JBL Northridge series (1 Viewer)

John Mil

Agent
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas why JBL discontinued this series? Low sales? Inferior speaker? I think they replaced it with the Stadium series. I am considering the Northridge e-90 speakers for a 2 channel set-up. I am mainly into music and music/concert dvd's. I am newbie and these will be my first "real" speakers. My room is 19' by 14' with a high vaulted ceiling that starts at 9 feet and peaks at 16'. It is an open floor plan and connects with the kitchen with a small half-wall. I saw the e-90's on jrmusic.com for well under MSRP( I think $200 a peice and free shipping). I'm not sure why these can be found for such a low price?

I want something that will give me nice sounding bass ( I won't be watching that many movies). Maybe I will need a sub woofer with the size of my room? I would like to spend no more that $800 for the towers. I have heard good things about the PAradigm Monitor 9's and the Klipsch RF-35's. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Colin Runner

Agent
Real Name
Colin R.
The Northridge series were more marketed toward the Best Buy crowd, and so they were sort of shunned by many audiophiles. They weren't bad speakers, but they may have been lesser quality than the higher-end JBL studio series.

I sent you a PM btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks