What's new

JBL Northridge series (1 Viewer)

JuanNarvaez

Agent
Has anybody heard of the JBL Northrigde series. They are sold as a 5.1 package which runs about $350 for the center and satellites. Any help?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
If you do a search you will find lots of information on the Northridge series of speakers.

RyanJE

Second Unit
I have the northridge E250p Sub. I got it from JR.com shipped for 230. If you have any questions let me know!

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Not sure what you are talking about for $350, but I just bought a pair of Northridge E80 mains and an EC35 center for $500 total and absolutely LUV them. Hard to bheat at that price.
What did it for me was the strong 3-way Ec35 center. Was looking @ Athena's in roughly the same price range, but their center is weak in comparison and 99% of my use is for HT with 15 or less for music.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter

Yes - that model is the JBL NSP1's.

They are now discontinued but are still highly regarded by consumer and product reviewers.

It was one of the only speakers, with a 4" woofer/mid that actually benched-marked to have usable low frequency down to 89 Hz (Front & Surround locations**!!!)!!! It's benchmark outperformed similarly price and more expensive competition.

**From the JAN '01 Sound & Vision Magazine - Objective Results by Tom Nousaine (using his HT Speaker testing standards):
Frequency Response
N-24 front left/right..... 89 Hz to 18.9 kHz ±2.7 dB
N-Center.................. 89 Hz to 20 kHz ±5.5 dB
N-24 surround............. 89 Hz to 18.4 kHz ±3.2 dB

The above results just confirms all the positive subjective reviews - see my "Why you should add JBL Speakers "N", "S" & "E"-Series to your audition list!" for more INFO w/review links.

Phil

Ah, Phil, was waiting for you to chime in on this : ) Hehe...while we have you here, I was wondering if you could give me some advice, seeing that you're the resident JBL expert : P About a year ago I bought a pioneer 45tx from a forum member and also got a sweet deal on the NSP1s ($180 from buy.com after rebate!) I know my receiver is definitely overkill for these speakers but I couldn't pass up that deal after hearing so much about them : ) When I can afford it I can't wait to step up to some Paradigms but for now I'm looking for a pair of new JBLs from the updated Northridge series ie the ones that begin with E now instead of N so I can have a 7.1 setup. Can you suggest a pair of floorstanding speakers from this line that would compliment the NSP1s without overpowering them? I don't need anything spectacular (that will come in about ayear when i get my Paradigms, Im so glad I bought such a futureproof receiver), just something that best compliments the NSP1s in said setup : ) As an aside, know of any specific adjustable height speaker stands I can use for the NSP1s? Kinda using a makeshift system now but Id like to get something that can accomodate the NSP1s right out of the box without any modding because I plan on moving these speakers to my bedroom once I get the Paradigms in a year or so. I heard the Omnimount RB-1s can but Ive never received a definitive answer to that and they are kinda expensive and hard to find regardless. Again, don't need anything super stylish or expensive, just whatever will work for the least money : ) So if you have the answers to these two questions Id love to know, lol! Thanks!

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
Justin, I own the E80's and luv them. I wasn' too ho on the E60's, but REALLY like dthe E90's in addition to E80's. I think the E80's would fit the bill nicely for you. I also reco the EC35 center as it goes VERY well with the E80's. I really like my setup. Will like it even more when I get the Pio 1015tx when it comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks